Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Flo's Auto re-load

Anyone notice on Flo as soon as a video is over it automatically reloads to play another one? New feature and I'd imagine its to get more views on certain vids but makes it tough to search through a coverage section after the video ends. Just something in the suggestion box for Husker.

It's not a bad feature on netflix for example when you are watching a tv series but it is frustrating when watching videos on flo. It should give you about 15-20 second countdown after the video has ended before it plays the next video in the series, that's how netflix does it.

I find it really annoying too. The part that really gets me is that it jumps to videos from completely different coverages. If it at least stayed within the coverage you had chosen it would be a bit more tolerable. I poked around in settings but I haven't been able to find a way to turn the discovery service off which, at the least, should be an option for paying members.

Agreed! The "Discover" feature is the worst! :x

It consumes excessive bandwidth on both sides and prevents me from commenting on the video I just saw because it jumps to the next (usually unrelated) clip. There needs to be an option to disable it, the same way you can turn off "Autoplay" on Youtube.

I agree that it makes it very difficult to scan through other matches under the same coverage. I go to scroll down and click on a video and by the time I click its already sending me to some other video so then I have to go back to the home page and completely redo everything. So frustrating! I understand that hits is what they need, but it takes away from the user experience IMO. I agree with other posters, if FLO feels they must have have it, then atleast make it 30 seconds long please.

I am really surprised that it is not simply on their video but the whole page. They run adsense and I believe this unprompted execution is considered to be a black hat technique to increase ad revenue.

Because this executes so quickly, I would be leery of any performance metrics based on impressions if I were an advertiser with them. This program could easily double their impressions without increasing any value.

I agree that it makes it very difficult to scan through other matches under the same coverage. I go to scroll down and click on a video and by the time I click its already sending me to some other video so then I have to go back to the home page and completely redo everything. So frustrating! I understand that hits is what they need, but it takes away from the user experience IMO. I agree with other posters, if FLO feels they must have have it, then atleast make it 30 seconds long please.

It annoys me so much that end up leaving the website and doing something else, when I otherwise would have spent more time on it.

I don't think anyone doubts that flo is a great thing for wrestling. But they consistently make it very easy to complain about their product. I also hate when people do the old we should be happy we're getting what we are because coverage is 100% better than 10 years ago. We are consumers, and when we pay for a product we are entitled to expect that the product will meet or exceed expectations. They are lucky that they're the only show in town. So, I reluctantly still pay them on a monthly basis.

Business sense, IT, and PR all seem to be lacking at this young company. 'Bout time for some improvement fellas, let's see if we can at least get off the JV and move to Varsity.

They tried something that probably sounded good in theory since many people watch consecutive video's from the same event. Unfortunately, in practice it's not a great addition to the video viewing system. I like the related video links that pop up, but not so much the next video auto-loading right after the last one ends.