Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

T.R. Foley Nails It on 2013 NCAA's

Q: Penn State just feels too good. Does lack of parity hurt wrestling? Also, after Taylor and Ruth graduate do you think they'll have the firepower to win in 2015? If not, what team will take over as the favorite for 2015 when they don't have the 40 or so tournament points those guys rack up?

-- Brandon J.

Foley: Lack of parity? Say whaaa?

All seven returning NCAA champions from 2013 have lost this season. None of those seven are top-ranked in their weight class, and last weekend the No. 2, No. 4 and No. 5 teams in the country all lost.

Penn State could dominate the NCAA tournament. Last year they had the firepower to put on a 40-plus point differential, but remember that even last year they needed a win in the finals at 197 pounds to finish the job.

I have said this exact same type of thing a number of times, typically in response to someone saying that Penn State has had only good luck over the past few years. That just is not so, as Penn State has had to wrestle thru injuries and losses just like everyone else. Penn State did not have everything go their way last year, but they still won because they have a ton of depth as well as the bonus points.

You know what this forum needs? More discussion about Penn State wrestling, and PA wrestling in general. There's just not enough posters willing to start such threads.

Heck, there's only a few threads on the HS forum front page regarding individual PA kids having good seasons.

Thanks Tbar, you bring some much needed PA info to these boards more than anyone.

You know what this forum needs? More discussion about Penn State wrestling, and PA wrestling in general. There's just not enough posters willing to start such threads.

Heck, there's only a few threads on the HS forum front page regarding individual PA kids having good seasons.

Thanks Tbar, you bring some much needed PA info to these boards more than anyone.

+1

I will take "Man Years" to even get close to all the Iowa drivel/hype we have had to listen to in the past years ...

Just sayin'

The funny thing here is that this is actually a legitimate topic. Did Penn State just get all the bounces, all good luck and no bad luck in winning the past three NCAA titles OR is it more accurate to say that Penn State had the same sorts of issues to over come as everyone else?

I say it isn't just Taylor and Ruth, it is the entire squad doing what it takes to win those titles.

Crazy Penn State stat of the Day

Penn State has had 7 weights where they have had one basic starter this year. Those weights have combined for 228 dual meet take downs while yielding only 7 dual meet take downs. Nice.

The other three weights will be manned at Tourney time by Gulibon and the Altons.

RAH! RAH! GO TEAM GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one here, and I really mean this, can claim that you are anything but a quick learner. A seat on our very large bandwagon is being readied up by the lovelies just for you, Thriller. :D

No one here, and I really mean this, can claim that you are anything but a quick learner. A seat on our very large bandwagon is being readied up by the lovelies just for you, Thriller. :D

Like I've said before. I have been a Penn State fan since wrestling ever began. 3 years strong and counting!

Like I've said before. I have been a Penn State fan since wrestling ever began. 3 years strong and counting!

And you can count, too! Impressive. :lol:

PSU is a great program! They have lots of weapons besides Ruth and Taylor!

The Alton's will be in the line up soon too.

Will they improve the current lineup?[/quote]

Right now it's debatable at 149. Beitz with wins over Ervin, Sakaguchi and Paddock since his move to 149, losses to Villalonga (1-3) and Tsirtsis (3-5SV). Right now I'd have him ranked about #15.

Not debatable at 157. DAlton improves the lineup.

I will take "Man Years" to even get close to all the Iowa drivel/hype we have had to listen to in the past years ...

Just sayin'

And that's not even over yet.

Just sayin