Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

All Heart Attack Team

125: Cory Clark maybe?

133: Gulibon. Definitely.

141: Pretty consistent weight class here. Feel like Dwieza fits here.

149: Iunno.. Racciatos a close second behind grajales.

157: Ness. Maybe Ian Miller

165: Nick Moore. Monk looks like he had a heart attack the way he lays on top

174: Evans? Kokesh? Even perry would fit

184: DEAN.

197: Cox

285: Gwiaz.

"All-heart attack" seems ill-defined. Does it mean a guy who has some great go-to moves, and is never out of the match because even when behind he can pin you? Or does it mean guys who run hot and cold, some days wrestle well and some days not for the entire match?

Just looking at the Pitt guys above, Mikey is in the first category but not the second, and Anthony is the reverse this season.

I recommend Andrew Alton for 149. The guy has the ability to beat anyone in the weight class when he is at his best. He has also shown the ability to lose to anyone in the weight class. If that doesn't lead to high blood pressure I don't know what will.

Dean? Dclark must have dean confused for someone else.

Agreed. Nevinger fits the bill though.

I was thinking Nevi, too - but he must have read my mind, with a win by fall and a 13-2 decision for the weekend. He does cut some matches way too close, though!

I recommend Andrew Alton for 149. The guy has the ability to beat anyone in the weight class when he is at his best. He has also shown the ability to lose to anyone in the weight class. If that doesn't lead to high blood pressure I don't know what will.

When has Alton ever shown the ability to beat the top guys in the weight class? He's one of the most overblown guys in recent history. He's never AA'd in two tries. His best career win is, who, Grajales? His brother is the better wrestler. Andrew is flashy, but not a top guy. Fringe AA candidate.

When has Alton ever shown the ability to beat the top guys in the weight class? He's one of the most overblown guys in recent history. He's never AA'd in two tries. His best career win is, who, Grajales? His brother is the better wrestler. Andrew is flashy, but not a top guy. Fringe AA candidate.

Biggest wins throughout his career:

Andrew Alton Dec Tyler Nauman (Pittsburgh) 8-4 (Nauman was a 2x All American)

Andrew Alton Maj Cole Von Ohlen (Air Force) 15-7 (R12 type guy, 3rd seed at NCAA tourny)

Andrew Alton Fall Zack Kemmerer (Penn) :39 (Kemmerer was an All American, beating Alton in R12)

Andrew Alton Dec Eric Grajales (Michigan) 14-8 (Grajales also beat Alton at NCAAs)

Andrew Alton Dec Josh Dziewa (Iowa) 3-2 (Dziewa just beat Dardanes)

Andrew Alton Maj Brody Grothus (Iowa) 18-8 (Grothus is Iowas new golden boy at 149 with wins over Kindig and other top 10 guys)

He has a career record of 66-16 in college. Sure, coming into college much more was expected of him. He has beaten several all americans and also lost to the same guys. That's why I said you never know what to expect. Thats the reason I would include him in the all heart attack team.

Biggest wins throughout his career:

Andrew Alton Dec Tyler Nauman (Pittsburgh) 8-4 (Nauman was a 2x All American)

Andrew Alton Maj Cole Von Ohlen (Air Force) 15-7 (R12 type guy, 3rd seed at NCAA tourny)

Andrew Alton Fall Zack Kemmerer (Penn) :39 (Kemmerer was an All American, beating Alton in R12)

Andrew Alton Dec Eric Grajales (Michigan) 14-8 (Grajales also beat Alton at NCAAs)

Andrew Alton Dec Josh Dziewa (Iowa) 3-2 (Dziewa just beat Dardanes)

Andrew Alton Maj Brody Grothus (Iowa) 18-8 (Grothus is Iowas new golden boy at 149 with wins over Kindig and other top 10 guys)

He has a career record of 66-16 in college. Sure, coming into college much more was expected of him. He has beaten several all americans and also lost to the same guys. That's why I said you never know what to expect. Thats the reason I would include him in the all heart attack team.

Ok, I apologize, he beat Tyler Nauman, who is a good but never top tier wrestler, and then Kemmerer (who then later beat him to make All American). I stand by my statement, Alton has never proven himself able to beat the top tier competition, and until he does, he is not a legitimate title threat.

"All-heart attack" seems ill-defined. Does it mean a guy who has some great go-to moves, and is never out of the match because even when behind he can pin you? Or does it mean guys who run hot and cold, some days wrestle well and some days not for the entire match?

Taylor Walsh seems to be able to give opposing fans something akin to a heart attack. I couldn't believe it when he beat Brascetta. An unexpected, early, eye-opener.

Taylor Walsh seems to be able to give opposing fans something akin to a heart attack. I couldn't believe it when he beat Brascetta. An unexpected, early, eye-opener.

Ah, so an example of the first type then? I like this better, seems like a more positive thread than the "who is inconsistent" version.

I wonder in the Minnesota 125's pin of Gilman puts him on the list too?