Sign in to follow this  
Egg

Tyler Graff tf Dominick Malone 24-9 (1:13)

Yeah, Drew Hammen posted the play-by-play on the wiwrestling site. It was 10-4 after 1, and 18-8 after 2.

Also, Drew reported the final score as 25-9, not 24-9 (maybe a riding time point?). I'm guessing Graf got 5 TD's in the first period, 4 in the second, and 3 in the third - which put him 15 points ahead. (Drew also said they started neutral in the third.) If you tack on a riding time point, that does add up to 25-9.

I'm assuming all of Malone's points came off of escapes, with him down in the second and getting cut by Graf or, less likely, actually escaping. However, all the above is just speculation on my part. Like to see the match, must have been a mini-takedown clinic.

Malone is between weights! Schmidtt will start at 33 next year for Northwestern and be ranked in top 15! Malone can be top ten at 25 but I expect Steven Micic to be at 25!

Are you sure he didnt have the flu?

Yeah, Drew Hammen posted the play-by-play on the wiwrestling site. It was 10-4 after 1, and 18-8 after 2.

Also, Drew reported the final score as 25-9, not 24-9 (maybe a riding time point?). I'm guessing Graf got 5 TD's in the first period, 4 in the second, and 3 in the third - which put him 15 points ahead. (Drew also said they started neutral in the third.) If you tack on a riding time point, that does add up to 25-9.

I'm assuming all of Malone's points came off of escapes, with him down in the second and getting cut by Graf or, less likely, actually escaping. However, all the above is just speculation on my part. Like to see the match, must have been a mini-takedown clinic.

If they added the riding time point, then they calculated the score wrong. The riding time point is only supposed to be added on if the match goes the full seven minutes.

If they added the riding time point, then they calculated the score wrong. The riding time point is only supposed to be added on if the match goes the full seven minutes.

Are you sure about that? The rules say that the RT point is awarded at the end of the match. I don't remember seeing anything about it having to go 7 minutes.

Northwestern,Michigan,Ohio State,and Illinois have been second tier schools to the likes of Okey State,Iowa,and Minnesota.( and new arrival,PSU) That all changes next year folks! There is going to be a new sheriff in town next year and it will be a wide open race! Taylor and Ruth will leave gaping holes in their lineups as will the departure of St. John, Ramos, Nelson and a few seniors from Minny. Let's Get this party started!

Northwestern,Michigan,Ohio State,and Illinois have been second tier schools to the likes of Okey State,Iowa,and Minnesota.( and new arrival,PSU) That all changes next year folks! There is going to be a new sheriff in town next year and it will be a wide open race! Taylor and Ruth will leave gaping holes in their lineups as will the departure of St. John, Ramos, Nelson and a few seniors from Minny. Let's Get this party started!

I'd say the party's already started, and Messrs. Dean, Colon, Ness, Coon, Gilman, and Retherford seem to agree with me on that one.

Riding time has to be awarded after 7 minutes.

when did this change? almost positive that the point used to be added on to a tech. it never changed anything, but I thought people used to add it. I looked at the book and there is no mention of it......

"A technical fall terminates the match and occurs when a wrestler has earned a

15-point advantage over the opponent. A time-advantage point cannot be awarded

until the third period has concluded."

this means the rt advantage can't change a 14pt lead to 15, but they used to add the point when the tech ended the match. was this a recent language change? this language also contradicts the language of 2.12.1