Sign in to follow this  
IAFAN

Iowa vs. Northwestern

Should be some interesting match ups at 125,149,165,174,197, and Hwt. I'm interested to see how Gilman responds or if Clark gets the nod tonight. Heavy should be close probably not much scoring like most of Telford's matches. I think Tsirtsis will revenge his loss at midlands to Grothus without much trouble. Here's how I have it.

125 Gilman/Clark Dec White 3-0

133 Ramos TFALL Malone 8-0

141 Jeva Dec Greco 11-0

149 Tsirtsis Dec Grothus 11-3

157 St. John Dec Sullivan 14-3

165 Harger Dec Moore 14-6 Moore hasnt looked good other then a close win over Caldwell

174 Evans Dec Munster 17-6

184 Brooks/Lofthouse MD Berkowitz 21-6

197 Pllozi Dec Burak 21-9

285 McMullan Dec Telford 21-12

I dont think Moore has enough offense right now to win this match. Does anyone know if Lofthouse is back yet? I think Brooks has a better chance at bonus points regardless.

Vak I'm not saying he cant beat him again it was 7-4 the fist time I think. He going to need more then one take down to win this match in my opinion and the way he wrestled against Zilverberg I dont see that happening. I hope I'm wrong and he makes me eat my words, I would just like to see a little more urgency out of him and a lot of guys on the team in general.

Should be some interesting match ups at 125,149,165,174,197, and Hwt. I'm interested to see how Gilman responds or if Clark gets the nod tonight. Heavy should be close probably not much scoring like most of Telford's matches. I think Tsirtsis will revenge his loss at midlands to Grothus without much trouble. Here's how I have it.

125 Gilman/Clark Dec White 3-0

133 Ramos TFALL Malone 8-0

141 Jeva Dec Greco 11-0

149 Tsirtsis Dec Grothus 11-3

157 St. John Dec Sullivan 14-3

165 Harger Dec Moore 14-6 Moore hasnt looked good other then a close win over Caldwell

174 Evans Dec Munster 17-6

184 Brooks/Lofthouse MD Berkowitz 21-6

197 Pllozi Dec Burak 21-9

285 McMullan Dec Telford 21-12

I dont think Moore has enough offense right now to win this match. Does anyone know if Lofthouse is back yet? I think Brooks has a better chance at bonus points regardless.

125 Gillman dec White IA 3 NW 0

133 Ramos Maj Malone IA 7 NW 0

141 Jeva maj Greco IA 11 NW 0

149 Grothus dec Tsirtsis IA 14 NW 0

157 St John maj Sullivan IA 18 NW 0

165 Moore dec Harger IA 21 NW 0

174 Evans dec Munster IA 24 NW 0 (This could turn out to be the most exciting match of the night)

184 Brooks dec Berkowitz IA 27 NW 0

197 Burak dec Polizzi IA 31 NW 0

HWT McMullan dec Telford IA 31 NW 3

Hawkeyes 31

Wildcats 3

Grothus and Tsirtsis could go either way, but the nod goes to Grothus who already owns a 3-2 victory over Tsirtsis this season>

Moore has the upper hand over Harger (7-4 and 7-2 victories), although I don't rule out a plausible upset.

Evans on paper is better than Munster, but there is no guarantee here either. While inconsistent, Munster can be extremely dangerous when on. If Evans goes out the least bit unprepared, Munster will make him pay for it. He'll have to be pumped and focused for this match, because Munster will give him everything he's got.

McMullan and Telford will be interesting. They've met twice in their illustrious careers and both matches have come down to sudden victory with McMullan winning one and Telford winning the other. If Telford wins, he'll maintain his #1 ranking.

My guess is it's because Gillman was being silly last weekend.

LOL! - nice reference to Tom's comments on BTN.

And, I'd guess that was one of the primary reasons for Clark's start. That said, I think Brands also wants to keep both guys hungry and ready to go. Then, based on how he sees things at match time, he makes his choice. Not a lot of coaches would use that approach, but it may be something that can work well.

Will smokeyjoe be here and post about the H1N1, or Epstein-Barr, or mono or typhoid outbreak (combination of all of these?) that is hampering Northwestern before this dual, or after?

Maybe, he will also say that NEXT YEAR Northwestern will be a lock for the National Title, and then he will name-drop Penn State and Ohio State to show the extremely high quality of coming NW recruits. :shock: