Sign in to follow this  
Abovetheline1

Big Ten bottom two

When will MSU and IU, clean house and make some changes. With the current leadership and Assit. Coaches there these programs are hurting wrestling. When will the administration at these schools wake up, what happens next year when the other two join Big Ten

The funny thing is Indiana is head and shoulders above MSU this year. They are actually a top 25 team. In fact, I think they have a great chance at SHUTTING OUT MSU. Chalfant beat McClure earlier this year and if Rizgallah keeps wrestling like he has recently this dual could get VERY ugly for MSU.

The funny thing is Indiana is head and shoulders above MSU this year. They are actually a top 25 team. In fact, I think they have a great chance at SHUTTING OUT MSU. Chalfant beat McClure earlier this year and if Rizgallah keeps wrestling like he has recently this dual could get VERY ugly for MSU.

Not a chance, unless Chalfant sprouts a clone of himself and the clone makes 197.

Seton, that is great.

The bottom line is both of these schools need to make a change. IU lack of recruiting at certain weights is obvious. All though both Assistants have fire look where the came from Goldman/Minkel. Not sure there is much hope with really identifying with wrestlers, or just the old school mentality.

MSU speakers for itself, how do you not draw for PSU. MSU has been past by by all Michigan schools.

Not a chance, unless Chalfant sprouts a clone of himself and the clone makes 197.

Atwood of Purdue only won 3-0 at 197 against Indiana . I wouldn't bet on a MSU loss at 197, but NOTHING would surprise me anymore where MSU is concerned.

Wow , who was Simmons coach in college

And the biggest tragedy was that Simmons never even made the NCAA finals. I am sorry but I am a 100% disgruntled fan. There was a time, nearly 20 years ago, when Minkel was good for MSU. That time has passed. No B1G program should fall this far, PERIOD!

I don't know why all athletic directors don't follow the Gene Smith model. Gene was the athletic director at Arizona State, and then he came to Ohio State as their athletic director. What does he do differently from other ADs?

He follows and supports wrestling. I've seen him at the Steelwood Athletic Center, where the Buckeyes train. He's into the sport. He's conversant in it. And it's not just wrestling; he wants ALL his programs to be competitive.

The following link describes what can happen to a bright, motivated AD who has the talent to manage collegiate sports at a university, and who also has a passion for the sport of wrestling- and other sports just off the front page of the sports section. Check out those incentives:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... ad_ge.html

MSU and Abovetheline, I was going to state this in another thread, but since we are back on here talking about the bottom feeders of the10 again, here is what I think can happen. A wrestling program could be dropped in this league, God forbid, and the two front runners are? you guessed it. But I think ONE of these programs is safe, for one reason, athletics funding. MSU is head and shoulders above I.U. in revenue brought in. How is that you say? Football, I.U. has a tough time funding their revenue producing sports, because of football attendance, which drives all athletic programs in the BIG. At Indiana something will happen, this year, drop sport, or new coach. If they drop a mens sport, then they can maybe do away with a non-rev womans sport. This will help the overall budget.