Sign in to follow this  
Brew

What would you like to see in a video coverage site?

I have read tons of negatives about a particular company that provides video coverage for amateur wrestling currently.

If a new site were to start providing coverage and other content, what would you like to see and what advice would you give?

Let this be a sounding board for what you love and what you don't and what you would like to see implemented.

1. Make prices more realistic. Heck, I get Netflix for $7.99 a month, and as much as I would like to have all content I can't pay $20 per month, and I certainly can't pay $150 at one time for a year, even if it is a better deal per month.

2. Better customer service. This speaks for itself and I have heard from many people having problems and not even getting replies from their complaints, much less solutions to their problem. If I were forking out so much money for a premium service, I would be especially disappointed about this problem.

3. Better support for your mobile app/mobile homepage. I can't find anything I'm looking for on this, searches take forever, it appears not all content is available via mobile app, etc.. It seems like the company was excited and promoting this when it first came out, and then they just abandoned it. Some people, like myself, use their iPhone's or iPad's more than their computer. If you are going to have a mobile app, give a crap about it and update it.

I know this is a total wish list, but:

Good search, with videos/content tagged or filterable by type for easy browsing. For example: high school, college, international... and wrestling matches, interviews, analysis, press conferences, wrestling rooms, etc.

Better pricing options, as matburn mentioned.

Videos posted within a day after the event.

No ads for subscribers.

No Discovery feature.

If it is a paid service, I want the thing to work on a highly reliable basis. I''m not interested in hearing about constraints, issues, logistics, bandwidth, location ect.. If you charge, it should work. I stress highly reliable because I do understand that nothing is 100%. TV cable and satellite go down from time to time but overall they are highly reliable. The price really isn't an issue for me personally so if the subscription fee is $5 or $20 I still expect the same results.

If there is a live event going on FLO, I'm never sure what I'm going to get. As of late, mainly starting with this year's Southern Scuffle, I cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I will say that they have at least become more responsive to those that pay. They will answer and offer refunds which was previously like pulling teeth to get in touch with someone.

Would it be insane to let (or hire) the NCAA do it? They have the resources, money, technology etc ... let the schools do the delayed duals, and the live ones farm out to the ... NCAA. And have archives, etc . One stop shopping.

The regional effort is hit and miss IMO.