Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Grajales vs. Alton

No way! Grajales ONLY beat Alton because he completely gassed, he was getting hammered early. He ain't beating Maple or Houdeslelt. Grajales will AA, that's all.

Alton capitalized on Grajales' poor wrestling, and Grajales capitalized on Alton's poor wrestling. I wouldn't say that Grajales only won because Andrew "gassed".

No way! Grajales ONLY beat Alton because he completely gassed, he was getting hammered early. He ain't beating Maple or Houdeslelt. Grajales will AA, that's all.

Relax - joking!

Hahaha. Hey man I'm upset, cut me some slack.

It was only crazy because the red couldn't figure out that when two guys are completely separated that an escape should have been awarded. Grajales was robbed at least one ESC-TD (I think it may have been twice). Even Gibbons said the ref should expecting a call from Mike Allen within an hour after the dual is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One the one hand, I thought Alton wrestled well against an opponent who wouldn't be denied (BTW, if Grajales had wrestled very match of his career like that, he would have fulfilled people's lofty expectations for him coming out of HS, and would probably have been a national champ).

On the other hand, it's disturbing (I'm even willing to say, disgusting) to see a Division 1 wrestler quit the way Alton did at the end.

Clearly, Alton is more talented than Beitz. But Beitz is scrappier, and wants it more, and will only improve with time, and would never quit like that.

Grajales will AA, that's all.

That's all? That's all!?!? Could we possibly treat anything more significant with less significance? NCAA DI wrestling is as tough as it gets for folkstyle wrestling. It is the best of the best, and you say "that's it" as if it's not that big of a deal? As if calling yourself one of the top 8 in your weight class out of nearly 80 of the best guys in the entire country is no big deal? "That's all"????? Really? Wow. No wonder the mentality of so many is either win it all or go home. Sad.

Grajales will AA, that's all.

That's all? That's all!?!? Could we possibly treat anything more significant with less significance? NCAA DI wrestling is as tough as it gets for folkstyle wrestling. It is the best of the best, and you say "that's it" as if it's not that big of a deal? As if calling yourself one of the top 8 in your weight class out of nearly 80 of the best guys in the entire country is no big deal? "That's all"????? Really? Wow. No wonder the mentality of so many is either win it all or go home. Sad.

The other poster stated that Grajales will win it all. I just stated Grajales will only AA, and I stand by what I said. AND as highly talented and heralded coming out of HS as Grajales was, honestly most will admit he has been a huge underachiever his college career. The kid is a nice kid and all, but quite honestly he is a RS senior and thus far has not lived up to his hype.

I will just say that match was one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen. If you've watched Alton since he was a kid, he's one of the most exciting wrestlers you will watch. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who tuned in primarly to watch the Alton's. I can definitely understand the criticizm of the conditioning but I'm still thinking he will surprise some doubters at the NCAA's. He still has time to work on the conditioning and he certainly has the skills to give people fits.

I know that there are alot of posters who love to criticize the Altons'(only because they were very successful Pa wrestlers, I might add) but not only are they fun to watch, but win or lose, they seem like good kids.

I will just say that match was one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen. If you've watched Alton since he was a kid, he's one of the most exciting wrestlers you will watch. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who tuned in primarly to watch the Alton's. I can definitely understand the criticizm of the conditioning but I'm still thinking he will surprise some doubters at the NCAA's. He still has time to work on the conditioning and he certainly has the skills to give people fits.

I know that there are alot of posters who love to criticize the Altons'(only because they were very successful Pa wrestlers, I might add) but not only are they fun to watch, but win or lose, they seem like good kids.

Im not sure if they can surprise anyone because they are both supposed to be top 5 wrestlers. Gonna be awfully tough to finish above that.

I'm in complete agreement with you.....every thing I have seen from them is class....win or lose they shake hands and move on! Easy to root for them so I have problems when people are ultra critical of them simply because they have had great success in HS and a PSU wrestlers who's fan base may have anointed them a bit too much for others.

I have seen opposing wrestlers take cheap shots at them and only recently have I seen them even make a slight effort to retaliate.

I'm also in agreement that AA's issue seems beyond gas tank issues. I almost want to see them take a blood test before and after a match.....anything. This situation is too weird.