Sign in to follow this  
maligned

Americans going to France Golden Grand Prix

Are any Americans going to be at the France Golden Grand Prix this weekend?

Actually I emailed the organizers and there are supposed to be 20, but they're not releasing a participants list until Wednesday. I'm in France at the moment and I'd love to go...anyone know who our people will be?

I agree on Fortune. I think he passes Tervel before 2016. Reason is his learning curve is amazing after starting wrestling late. And he is a true athletic 265-285 guy and does not need to bulk up. Can't wait to see how he does overseas this year. The international scene is missing true heavies. No way should a bumped up 185 guy in Gatsalov be winning/dominating 265, that is just silly. When a true 265 atheltic guy comes on Gatsalov will be done. I think Fortune has that potential in a weak division. We need heavies built like Dake and Varner but with a Heavyweight frame. Neal types are hard to find.

Gatsalov isn't anywhere near 84 kg anymore... And he has lost twice at heavy, just went on a tear at worlds. One of those guys who just seems to peak at the right time.

I saw Hump is at 65... That surprised me. I can't imagine Gavin is too pleased his weight is 86 now he could have really used that 80 kg class they were considering.

I know Gatsalov is not 185 anymore but his first two years at the senior level in 02, 03 were at 185. He was 220lbs at the worlds last year. Still he shouldn't have dominated heavyweight like that. I know he is special one in a lifetime wrestler but still. Fortune is the future here if he puts his heart into it!

Poor day for the US in my opinion.

I thought that Wynn and Fortune should have beaten their guy (Nice win for Fortune over Bradley though).

No Golds at all.

Let's see what happens tomorrow with Keddy and Gavin. What does Gavin cut from?