Sign in to follow this  
John Jensen

World Cup

The Forum just reopened after being completely renovated...Sounds like a great venue for the World Cup...Looking fwd to watching!

you're right, the renovations look impressive too!

http://www.fabulousforum.com/about.html

its too bad there's no mention of the World Cup on the Forum's website. looks like it will be a really nice event. wish i could go!

The Forum isn't to far from LAX, so that is good. As far as the surrounding neighborhoods, some have a higher incident of Gang activity than others (and the things that are associated with Gang activity) So my advice is to use the major thoroughfares to get to and from the location and not to go sight seeing in the surrounding areas.

Anyone know when tickets will go on sale? Nothing on their website about the event. Their website states ticket sales are through Ticketmaster, this afternoon I checked out their website and didn't find anything, called ticketmaster and they don't have any information about the World Cup.

6 weeks out and nothing, so real poor planning here. No surprise though.

I just got off the phone with a Forum box office representative, they have no information about the World Cup next month; put me on hold and checked with others, they had no idea what I was talking about.

So, what the heck is going on? This event is 5 weeks away and the venue that is supposedly holding it doesn't know anything about the event.

Another example of how unorganized wrestling is. Come on, small bands that tour on the bar scene & sleep in their vans are more on top of their events than FILA is.

I just got off the phone with a Forum box office representative, they have no information about the World Cup next month; put me on hold and checked with others, they had no idea what I was talking about.

So, what the heck is going on? This event is 5 weeks away and the venue that is supposedly holding it doesn't know anything about the event.

Another example of how unorganized wrestling is. Come on, small bands that tour on the bar scene & sleep in their vans are more on top of their events than FILA is.

thats odd. the date on the FILA document is 12/12/13, so you'd have to assume the Forum was booked since at least then. maybe the box office people only get told about events that pay for extra promotion? no idea how such venues and events work, tho.

its a shame because teams are flying in from all corners of the globe. a multicultural city like LA could really get behind it.

hopefully this isnt an omen that the event will be shunted to some hotel conference room at the last minute.

thats odd. the date on the FILA document is 12/12/13, so you'd have to assume the Forum was booked since at least then. maybe the box office people only get told about events that pay for extra promotion? no idea how such venues and events work, tho.

its a shame because teams are flying in from all corners of the globe. a multicultural city like LA could really get behind it.

hopefully this isnt an omen that the event will be shunted to some hotel conference room at the last minute.

I don't think it has anything to do with extra promotion, they stated they calendar all their events.

I told them about FILA's announcement and they still didn't have any idea what I was talking about; however, they did state it might be because they haven't received any event or ticket information. If that is the case, I don't know what to make of it, the event is 5 weeks away and nothing.

The Forum's website also states tickets are available through Ticketmaster, when I spoke with Ticketmaster yesterday the only wrestling event in the LA area they had any tickets or information for was WWE Raw at the Staples Center on 2/10.

maybe they were waiting on the logo?

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2014/February/07/Logo-released-for-2014-World-Cup-in-LA

more interesting then that though is the news that Team Cuba won't be replaced with Azerbaijan but with Japan.

it makes for a more diverse group of competing countries. it's also probably good for the Japanese program but its too bad we won't see the Azeris wrestle.

Finally some advertising, tickets will go on sale this Wednesday.

Still has the dates mixed up on part of the announcement...

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Fe ... -announced

The final event schedule and ticket distribution plan have been finalized. Discounted All-Session tickets will become available to the general public on Wednesday, February 12, via Ticketmaster, through http://www.ticketmaster.com/, www.fabulousforum.com, and The Forum Box Office. The phone number for Ticketmaster is 800-745-3000.

The discounted All-Session tickets for the two-day event will be available for a limited time, and at three price levels:

• General Admission (Sections 201-211 and 225-236) for $50 face value

• Preferred Seating (in the 100 levels) for $130 face value

• VIP (100 levels center mat) for $270 face value.

All Ticketmaster purchases are subject to a convenience fee.

FREESTYLE WORLD CUP

at the Forum, presented by Chase, Inglewood, Calif., March 14-15

Event Schedule

Saturday, March 15

11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Session I

5:00 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies

5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Session II

Sunday, March 16

11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Session III

5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Championship Final, Dual Meets for First Place and Third Place, and Award Ceremonies