Sign in to follow this  
jacobshook

Injury Time/Choice Rule

After watching the Alton (PSU) vs Murphy (UM) match on Sunday I feel like they need to amend this injury time opponent's choice rule to say

"If the offical stops the action due to a potentially dangerous situation and injury time is taken/needed, the opponent will not be given choice on starting position"

any thoughts?

After watching the Alton (PSU) vs Murphy (UM) match on Sunday I feel like they need to amend this injury time opponent's choice rule to say

"If the offical stops the action due to a potentially dangerous situation and injury time is taken/needed, the opponent will not be given choice on starting position"

any thoughts?

I didn't see it but why not? Because of apparent legitimacy of the time out?

I thought the same thing after that match. But I guess you might still see wrestlers taking advantage of it.

In that specific scenario, Murphy didn't actually call injury. It was called for him by the ref, simultaneously with the PD. Maybe in that situation, the opposing wrestler wouldn't get choice. But perhaps that's too confusing.

I idea of the rule was to punish lung time outs. As usual the entire group was punished because of a few cheaters. Pretty darn sad society we live in.

I hate that we STILL see people taking advantage of injury timeouts. Like at the start of the period, when the other wrestler already has choice. I've seen a few lung timeouts in those scenarios.

any thoughts?

I didn't see it but why not? Because of apparent legitimacy of the time out?

yup, i say Murphy wins if Alton stays on top. I despise the whirly bird injury timeouts for air but There has to be something in place to protect ligitmate pauses for injury.