Sign in to follow this  
steen-hooph

Latest "Cool Guy" wrestler trend...

That's funny. Eric Guerrero from Oklahoma State has been doing that years. Make a trip to their wrestling room & let him know what you think about that style. Just give us an address of the nearest hospital where we can send you flowers during your recovery.

I think people do it, so it is not baggie down there and people don't get their fingers caught up in the clothing.

I know when i work out i do it, b/c we have the Champion "open bottom" sweatpants and they tend to get caught on the heel of my wrestling shoes. By tucking the bottom in my socks i eliminate the issue. Of course, when i am down working out i untuck them to limit the amount of jokes i receive for looking goofy!

There is a good reason for it. We have a ton of coaches who were around in the 60's, 70's and 80'sas kids. These coaches NEVER actually get someone on the team to pick out the gear, so what wrestlers are left with is training gear that doesnt have elastic cuffs at the bottom of the pants.

Try wrestling with straight leg sweat pants or warm ups and you will immediately find out why people tuck them into the socks. You are sliding all over the place, and the bottoms of the pants turn black from dirt.

Sweatpants tucked in socks...

Discuss

Doesn't seem new to me. Lots of guys did it in the '90's, and I'm sure before that. It's easier to run and drill to cut weight without your sweats dragging on the floor.

keeps the sweatpants/sweatshirts from being too baggy...also keeps the heat in..same thought process as tucking your sweatshirt in....If wrestlers still used plastics (cough cough) they would tuck their sweat pants in at the socks so there wasnt pools of sweat flying out of the bottom of their pants.

There is a good reason for it. We have a ton of coaches who were around in the 60's, 70's and 80'sas kids. These coaches NEVER actually get someone on the team to pick out the gear, so what wrestlers are left with is training gear that doesnt have elastic cuffs at the bottom of the pants.

Try wrestling with straight leg sweat pants or warm ups and you will immediately find out why people tuck them into the socks. You are sliding all over the place, and the bottoms of the pants turn black from dirt.

That is why elastic would solve this problem. I like wearing baggy sweats and most no come with open bottoms. I took them to local sewing shop and had elastic put in the cuffs. The opening still stretches enough to take them off over shoes....

That is why elastic would solve this problem. I like wearing baggy sweats and most no come with open bottoms. I took them to local sewing shop and had elastic put in the cuffs. The opening still stretches enough to take them off over shoes....

Im calling BS. Every time I have seen Louden Swain, he was in open bottom warm ups.

Im calling BS. Every time I have seen Louden Swain, he was in open bottom warm ups.

You mean in the movie or did you just give us too much information?

That's funny. Eric Guerrero from Oklahoma State has been doing that years. Make a trip to their wrestling room & let him know what you think about that style. Just give us an address of the nearest hospital where we can send you flowers during your recovery.

So you are saying that if somebody makes a comment on EG's sweat pants, EG will hurt that fellow bad enough that a trip to the hospital is needed? EG must be very sensitive about his sense of style or you are exaggerating a bit

Being sponsored by Nike in college, this was such a pain b/c all of our warmup gear was made for basketball players and not wrestlers... not to mention the shoes which lasted three or four practices. Also never understood why wrestling coaches always seem to order 2S, 4M, 7L, and 15XL shirts for a group of guys who average 5'3" ?