Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Rule 5.9.2.3

I said when watching this dual that some would go to the Beitz match and complain. When losing a lot of you guys have to have a someone to blame. Lord knows it's not your teams fault and sure as hell is not Penn St.'s fault they got beat. I got news for you guys, Dylan Alton lost you that dual. Not the ref and not Beitz. Ness won it, Alton lost it. Period. Keep your 4th ranked, All-American from counting lights in what everyone knew would be a close dual and you don't have to blame the ref. Regardless of how the rule reads Beitz was fleeing the mat. When someone gets in on a shot don't dive straight out of bounds and you don't have to worry about the ref calling that.

So Alton lost the match for PSU in the same way that DSJ lost the match for Iowa against Minnesota - by going to his back and counting lights. Keep your DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPION from counting lights in a big match then they would be sharing the B1G dual championship.

Iowa may well still. If they beat Wisconsin in two weeks, they'd share it as well. If they had beaten Minnesota in that dual, they'd have locked up their share already and would be going for the title outright against the Badgers.

Oops. Knew they had a loss to Minn and PSU but didn't realize the PSU match was not a conference match. I guess DSJ kept them from winning an outright conference championship. ;)

Don't mind Tbar, dtl, he has to say and think whatever Cael says and thinks. You waste your time. You want to change Tbar's mind and the rest of his boys, then you have to change Cael's mind. Only way.

Wait. You mean that Tbar isn't Sanderson?

I said when watching this dual that some would go to the Beitz match and complain. When losing a lot of you guys have to have a someone to blame. Lord knows it's not your teams fault and sure as hell is not Penn St.'s fault they got beat. I got news for you guys, Dylan Alton lost you that dual. Not the ref and not Beitz. Ness won it, Alton lost it. Period. Keep your 4th ranked, All-American from counting lights in what everyone knew would be a close dual and you don't have to blame the ref. Regardless of how the rule reads Beitz was fleeing the mat. When someone gets in on a shot don't dive straight out of bounds and you don't have to worry about the ref calling that.

Ding ding ding. I thoroughly agree that fleeing isn't called nearly enough in folkstyle. I'm a Penn State fan, but also a ref happy to see a ref with balls to call an obvious flee a flee.

Alton getting stuck cost Penn State. Ruth not getting bonus. Taylor held to a major. Gullibon still not showing what a 4x PA champ should be. All bigger than Beitz getting called for a flee when he was fleeing. Period.

Ding ding ding. I thoroughly agree that fleeing isn't called nearly enough in folkstyle. I'm a Penn State fan, but also a ref happy to see a ref with balls to call an obvious flee a flee.

Alton getting stuck cost Penn State. Ruth not getting bonus. Taylor held to a major. Gullibon still not showing what a 4x PA champ should be. All bigger than Beitz getting called for a flee when he was fleeing. Period.

All great points except that fleeing is no longer a technical violation according to the rulebook. It now falls under the stalling category and it should have been a stalling warning if applied correctly.

I agree with everything else you posted. Penn State and Beitz had many other opportunities to get it done, but failed.

All great points except that fleeing is no longer a technical violation according to the rulebook. It now falls under the stalling category and it should have been a stalling warning if applied correctly.

Judging by a lot of the feedback on this forum, it's obvious many wrestling fans don't really care if things are on the up and up and points are unfairly given. Heck, what's the point in even keeping a score? It just confuses things anyway. Officiating..I say get rid of that too and we call our own matches like it's some sort of pickup basketball game. While we are at it, let's just get rid of conference and the NCAA tourneys and just give everyone a trophy... everyone is an All-American.

So .... Just thinking wondering here ..

1. Do you think Minny recognized the mistake on the call and just kept their mouths shut? If so ... smart. possible they missed it also?

2. How in the heck does Cael, and the other staff members on the bench/sidelines not notice the call was in error? And the Ref's ??

I wasn't literally saying this-"However, saying that the ref correctly awarded a point for a technical violation that is no longer in the rulebook is stupid."

I've already posted this was a misapplication of the rule.

You missed the point(s).

Trust me, we ALL get your point. It doesn't change. You hate Penn State. You hate Penn State fans. It's what you are all about on this forum.

When there is so much hate, you know you are great.

That's a Bullseye, mvattivo. Gonzo is transparent.

1. Do you think Minny recognized the mistake on the call and just kept their mouths shut? If so ... smart. possible they missed it also?

2. How in the heck does Cael, and the other staff members on the bench/sidelines not notice the call was in error? And the Ref's ??

Who ever said coaches know the rules and all of the nuances of them?

I recall an All Star match between Dake and Taylor that went into OT. During the first tie-breaker Dake had his choice of position and he deferred. The problem is defer is not an allowable option in college. In High School the wrestler can defer, but not in college. The winner of the choice is only allowed to take top or bottom. In essence, the entire OT starting with the first tiebreaker was bad time but nobody caught it; Cael, the Official(s) or scorekeepers.

Guess who the official that forgot about that nuance was?

I wasn't literally saying this-"However, saying that the ref correctly awarded a point for a technical violation that is no longer in the rulebook is stupid."

I've already posted this was a misapplication of the rule.

You missed the point(s).

Trust me, we ALL get your point. It doesn't change. You hate Penn State. You hate Penn State fans. It's what you are all about on this forum.

When there is so much hate, you know you are great.

That's a Bullseye, mvattivo. Gonzo is transparent.

Damn right I'm transparent. I try to be as transparent and clear as I possibly can be. There is a reason and a cause for every single thought I post. I hope you also read my response to mvat where I agreed with what he said. I don't know how I can be anymore transparent than that. To be clear for the billionth time, I've always said I enjoy watching several of the PSU wrestlers. Ruth and Retherford are two of my favorites on any team. I can think of maybe two PSU fans I like and enjoy talking to beyond calling them out on their nonsense. Transparent enough???

I recall an All Star match between Dake and Taylor that went into OT. During the first tie-breaker Dake had his choice of position and he deferred. The problem is defer is not an allowable option in college. In High School the wrestler can defer, but not in college. The winner of the choice is only allowed to take top or bottom. In essence, the entire OT starting with the first tiebreaker was bad time but nobody caught it; Cael, the Official(s) or scorekeepers.

Rak-

Do they still have "bad time" in the college rules?

One job a coach should practice is protecting the wrestler from Refs who don't know the rules. Fail Cael, fail official, fail head official review, fail table . This should not occur and if officials were held or performed to the high standard they try to enforce on the athletes it wouldn't happen. this is true of very few and their organization is remiss in training, performance evals, testing for rules interpretation (and why in hell should rules need interpretation) and fitness tests. Even the best garden requires constant weeding.

+1

Rak-

Do they still have "bad time" in the college rules?

Bad time was a poor choice of words on my part. There is not a specific section called bad time in the NCAA book; however, it becomes applicable in the correction of errors section. The correction of errors section addresses given the wrong choice at the beginning of the second period. That error can be corrected in the third period. In this case, it would be hard to correct the error. Better terminology would have been misapplication of a rule which is obviously reviewable now and would have been protestable under the old protest procedures.

Bottom line was this was a rules error and if it would have been discovered, there would have been a problem.