Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

that is why cael votes no on dual championship

duals are the most exciting and you can't tell me a rematch wouldn't be a huge draw on espn with national title impact

Hate to break it to you, but it WOULD NOT be a huge draw on ESPN. Wrestling is a niche sport and the masses just don't give a damn about it at all. Hell, they can't even be bothered to show anything from the NCAA tournament except MAYBE the finals, and that is the best the sport has to offer.

duals are the most exciting and you can't tell me a rematch wouldn't be a huge draw on espn with national title impact

Hate to break it to you, but it WOULD NOT be a huge draw on ESPN. Wrestling is a niche sport and the masses just don't give a damn about it at all. Hell, they can't even be bothered to show anything from the NCAA tournament except MAYBE the finals, and that is the best the sport has to offer.

do you even follow the sport. ESPN shows more and more every year and gets great ratings doing it.

Seriously, no one who watches wrestling can actually think what you just wrote. Seriously.

tobusrex, Where have you been? They show the quarters, semi's, and finals, as well as the last two consolation rounds live, and have done so for the past few years.

Yeah, online. But I've not seen them show anything but finals ON TV.

Btw, I enjoy the hell out of those webcasts.

Quite a setback in the campaign I would think.

Actually, quite the opposite. Today's match was EXACTLY the kind of match that should not decide the NCAA Championship. Fleeing the mat on Beitz? C'mon. That call was terrible.

Good thing no other sport anywher has ever had any controversial calls it isn't like controversy sells or anything

do you even follow the sport. ESPN shows more and more every year and gets great ratings doing it.

Seriously, no one who watches wrestling can actually think what you just wrote. Seriously.

Well I'm sure you won't have any problem showing me how awesome the ratings have been then, will you?

Espn has asked for more championship wrestling coverage you don't have a clue

Well I'm sure you won't have any problem showing me how awesome the ratings have been then, will you?

the entire genesis of the duals conversation is that ESPN wants more wrestling because it has done well. my god.

Well then by all means wrestling should bend over backward and do anything they can to accommodate ESPN, even if it does destroy tradition.

the entire genesis of the duals conversation is that ESPN wants more wrestling because it has done well. my god.

Well then by all means wrestling should bend over backward and do anything they can to accommodate ESPN, even if it does destroy tradition.

Ha tradition

My favorite tradition is a lack of media coverage oh no wait it is a lack of fan support oh no I think it is programs being cut yes by all means we need to respect tradition

classic

We should do nothing and continue to fade into obscurity. less than 50 programs within 10/12 years.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... ngratings/

Slavery was a strong tradition in the South

Should we go back to the old qualifying system then, despite it destroying the tradition of making every single coach in the country want to beat the living snot out of every single other coach in their conference, along with not producing an even adequate way of determining national qualifiers?

this was a great dual with nothing more than B1G tournament seeds on the line. it was outstanding. imagine if the outcome was 10 extra team points in the championship race?

then imagine how much hype there would be leading into the main event: the traditional "super bowl" of college wrestling, still being held exactly has it had for the last seven thousands years.

i sure hope that new proposal passes because that would create some thrilling storylines for the wrestling season.

Espn has asked for more championship wrestling coverage you don't have a clue

Asked for? I believe this to be a misleading statement.

They'll televise whatever the NCAA decides IS the Championship event. They have to because they are already under contract to do so. If the NCAA told ESPN that the Championship would be decided over 18 days then I think ESPN would be legally obligated to air it, but I do believe that ESPN could place it on TV at 3 in the morning.

Saying they are "asking for more" is more than a bit misleading imo.

tobusrex, Where have you been? They show the quarters, semi's, and finals, as well as the last two consolation rounds live, and have done so for the past few years.

No, on TV.

You're an idiot.

No, on TV.

You're an idiot.

Coming from a mongoloid I'll take that as a compliment.

No, on TV.You're an idiot.
Coming from a mongoloid I'll take that as a compliment.

Careful pjm, the guy walked on OSU for four weeks then walked off and is certain he would have AA'd if he stayed. :roll: