Sign in to follow this  
WildTurkey44

Down goes Penn State!

As a whole Minnesota looked much better today. With the exception of MM. He put an ass kicking on SS. I don't count Nico cause he was wrestling a......backup and he always looks like that against lesser competition. My boy Retherford looked good too. Gulibon had nothing, Beitz has been covered, Dylan Alton got Bubba'd, Taylor a mdec against Zilverberg? LOL!, Brown got tooled with a ref all the way in his favor, Ruth dec a Steinhizzie with no heart and little effort (I mean Steinhizzie had Ruth ALL THE WAY off the mat and Ruth got the td), and I hope Gingrich never gets another start again. Minnesota did what they had to do and they got the W and they looked like the better team today. Maybe tomorrow it's different, but today the better team won.

This was a great dual with lots of action in most of the bouts. The only negative was that the normally fine official seemed to miss obvious back points twice in Storley v Brown. And the fleeing call against Beitz was silly. There was no reason to mar a great battle with an unearned point for Dardanes. In my opinion, Beitz was already wearing down and there's a good chance Dardanes would have scored without it.

Congrats to both programs for battling like warriors in this premier matchup. That's what you expect to see when #1 wrestles #3.

One last thought: Zain Retherford is the real deal. Logan Stieber has his hands full.

Not only did Storley not get the back points but he was the one stalling according to that ref. Stalling as he put a beat down on Brown. And the Penn St. guys actually have the nerve to say that ref was a homer. It is unreal what they'll say in defeat. Storley looked good against an opponent who has posts created about his nastiness and in fending off the ref's attempts to give Nasty the match.

You know you are great when there is so much hate. :)

Seriously, today is more of what wrestling needs. A great dual by two great teams with lots of great individual matches and lots of drama. Minnesota deserved to win the dual. Congrats to their fans.