Sign in to follow this  
Brutus81

Altons . . .

You could just as easily say that Taylor and Ruth cost PSU the dual, by only getting a major and regular decision, respectively.

Also the tech violation in Beitz' match didn't help matters.

Point is, the Gods has to align perfectly and the ref had to help in order for Minny towing the dual at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Alton was doing what he felt he needed to do to win and I commend him for it. He could of clammed up like Kingsley or Zberg to minimize bonus but he didn't. Ness is dangerous and hit a nice move, it happens. I am actually optimistic he AAs this year. On the other hand, Zach Beitz has earned the starting job at 149, imo.

Bologna! Ruth and Taylor didn't lose jack! Once again, an Alton found himself on his back. That's what lost it. I'm ready for Beitz to be in our line-up for good at 149, and hope DA can figure something out. An AA for either of these two seems like a tall task right now.

You could just as easily say that Taylor and Ruth cost PSU the dual, by only getting a major and regular decision, respectively.

That's definitely one school of thought -- win as a team, lose as a team.

But to me, there's no equivalence between getting caught in the exact same move twice, and giving up 6 (you noticed Brands sat Gilman after a similar-type performance), on the one hand, and, on the other, only getting a major, in Taylor's case and, in Ruth's case, beating one tough hombre by 6, whom he'd previously only beat by 2 before.

But granted, I'm in a mood to scapegoat.

You're making it sound like Dylan got stuck by some nobody. Dylan continued to wrestle and attack unlike his brother and was in on a shot trying to score when he got hit with a big move and put to his back by a former NCAA Runner-up. That was also his first loss of the season. Beitz should have the spot over Andrew now but Dylan losing to Ness shouldn't be an upset. Ness put NCAA champ DSJ on his back in their dual meet and almost pinned him as well.

You're making it sound like Dylan got stuck by some nobody. Dylan continued to wrestle and attack unlike his brother and was in on a shot trying to score when he got hit with a big move and put to his back by a former NCAA Runner-up. That was also his first loss of the season. Beitz should have the spot over Andrew now but Dylan losing to Ness shouldn't be an upset. Ness put NCAA champ DSJ on his back in their dual meet and almost pinned him as well.

Nope. I'm just saying - that 6 points is the biggest reason PSU lost today! Nico winning by 14, JG losing to a kid he beat, Beitz not able to gut it out, Brown losing to storely - there are many different scenarios. To me, the one looking at the lights, giving up 6 is the most to point the finger at. You know what Ness is going after, you need to do everything you can to avoid it. Call me a hater, but DA and AA have continually regressed throughout their PSU careers. And I am as big a PSU fan as you'll find!

Uh oh, the fanboy has even turned on PSU (and specifically, the Altons. Even though one is top five, with today being his first loss).

What happens next year, with Taylor/Ruth out of the lineup and a few programs catching them?

Beitz is the starter going forward for sure that kid looked like david taylor out there in his attacking and he looks solid I would be glad to have him rep my team while aalton would make me concerned anytime a match went to the 3rd

Man was I pissed Dylan let himself get pinned when him, the PSU coaches, Minny coaches, the entire crowd, knew it was coming. Sorry there is no excuse for it. Period. He lost the match for PSU. He gave all the momentum to Minny. Watch how DT wrestled afterwards, he was out of it for most of the match. Then Brown wrestled knowing he needed bonus or something big and is too aggressive and loses.

Uh oh, the fanboy has even turned on PSU (and specifically, the Altons. Even though one is top five, with today being his first loss).

What happens next year, with Taylor/Ruth out of the lineup and a few programs catching them?

Sorry bud, you're wrong! I've turned on no one. I've enjoyed the last 4 years, while your here griping non stop. Who's your team? Anywhere near the top?

I haven't been impressed with either Andrew or Dylan at all this year, and I am not gonna fake that. What exactly has either of them done to impress anyone? Undefeated, with the bulk of the matches being wrestled in Lancaster county.

Next year, and the following years - we'll be fine. Our young studs looked good today (Beitz, Retherford, Mcintosh, etc).

Again. Dylan Alton, along with everyone else knew the only thing that could not happen, and it happened.

Sorry bud, you're wrong! I've turned on no one. I've enjoyed the last 4 years, while your here griping non stop. Who's your team? Anywhere near the top?

I haven't been impressed with either Andrew or Dylan at all this year, and I am not gonna fake that. What exactly has either of them done to impress anyone? Undefeated, with the bulk of the matches being wrestled in Lancaster county.

Next year, and the following years - we'll be fine. Our young studs looked good today (Beitz, Retherford, Mcintosh, etc).

Again. Dylan Alton, along with everyone else knew the only thing that could not happen, and it happened.

Love the Lancaster county line. +1

Ness did hit that move on St. John. It's a wicked move. It's hard to out funk an Alton or a St. John, but Ness is a whole other beast.

It's frustrating to think that if DA doesn't get pinned in the last minute of their match Penn State wins the dual. It's frustrating that if the Ref doesn't make the mistake he made of giving a point to Dardanes Beitz wins the match, skyrockets in the rankings and Penn State wins the match.

DA is still in the mix for a title at 157. I definitely think he'll get another All-America placement at NCAAs.

Man was I pissed Dylan let himself get pinned when him, the PSU coaches, Minny coaches, the entire crowd, knew it was coming. Sorry there is no excuse for it. Period. He lost the match for PSU. He gave all the momentum to Minny.

My sentiments exactly. Put everybody else behind the 8-ball.

Same thing happens next year as any other year with Cael's wrestlers, they go out to score for 7 full minutes. They'll take some lumps next year, but they'll be fine. You'll see in due time. :D

D. Alton was doing what he felt he needed to do to win and I commend him for it. He could of clammed up like Kingsley or Zberg to minimize bonus but he didn't. Ness is dangerous and hit a nice move, it happens. I am actually optimistic he AAs this year.

That's an intersting comment. Alton was higher ranked yet you're commending him for continuing to attack and not clam up like Kingsley or Zberg who were supposed to lose...and lose big.

D. Alton was doing what he felt he needed to do to win and I commend him for it. He could of clammed up like Kingsley or Zberg to minimize bonus but he didn't. Ness is dangerous and hit a nice move, it happens. I am actually optimistic he AAs this year.

That's an intersting comment. Alton was higher ranked yet you're commending him for continuing to attack and not clam up like Kingsley or Zberg who were supposed to lose...and lose big.

Do you think he should endorse what Kingsley or Zilverberg did? That would be stupid. Dylan was behind and had to score to win the match. He did exactly what he should have done, which is try to get Ness on the ground. He just got stuck. It happens.

I am pretty sure I am the only one, but I want to see Andrew Alton against Kindig. Beitz is decent, but he is not beating Kindig. I want to see Andrew get another shot, I would not give up on him yet. Beitz is decent but I can not see him scoring many points at NCAA's. Alton will have had another two weeks to get in better shape by the time of the Okie State dual. Crucify me all you want, Alton will be the guy if PSU wants to get some serious points at 149. I still believe Andrew has time to be the one of the top guys when he gets in better shape.

Do you think he should endorse what Kingsley or Zilverberg did? That would be stupid. Dylan was behind and had to score to win the match. He did exactly what he should have done, which is try to get Ness on the ground. He just got stuck. It happens.

Actually he should kept it on topic of Alton and not wandered into some asinine logic by bringing up Kingsley and Zberg. Yes, Alton was behind but he's ranked 4 wrestling the 8 guy. I wouldn't expect Alton to clam up like he was non-ranked wrestling the 1 or 2 guy.

Alton doesn't need time to get in shape, he needs a lung transplant. Stop with that nonsense. Nothing will change.

I hate to say it, but it's true. I know first hand what it's like to deal with these issues. Having asthma and allergies all growing up, I dealt with this all to often. There is no doubt Andrew can hang with, and beat the best in that class in a 1 minute period. But when his tank goes, it goes. There is nothing that can be done. I hope he figures out what it is for his own sake and health.