Sign in to follow this  
tightwaist

Beitz match screws PSU

It understandable that a referee makes a mistake in regards to judgement such as a takedown, or an escape when the criteria for control is debatable.

However with two officials and video review a Division I official should never misapply a rule like fleeing the mat.

With the proper preparation and referee training it should never happen. It does not seem like the officials for Penn State v. Minnesota were well trained this season.

Cael should have sent out Alton for the first period pin, and this long thread would never had been created. Come BIG 10's and nationals I swear if Beitz does not perform, I better not hear one PSU fan complain.

Cael should have sent out Alton for the first period pin, and this long thread would never had been created. Come BIG 10's and nationals I swear if Beitz does not perform, I better not hear one PSU fan complain.

I wish Cael had. Pin or be pinned. I like it.

I honestly think he goes 2-2 at best if he is indeed still our 149 pounder for NCAA's. I hope I am wrong though. I think Kindig should handle him pretty easily Sunday, it will be a another good test for Beitz, that's for sure.

I honestly think he goes 2-2 at best if he is indeed still our 149 pounder for NCAA's. I hope I am wrong though. I think Kindig should handle him pretty easily Sunday, it will be a another good test for Beitz, that's for sure.

Do you believe A Alton would do better than 2-2?

Yes. Easy. He would be in much better condition for NCAA's. Just my opinion. Even if Beitz wins two matches, he is NOT scoring bonus. Hey but the coaches know way more then me.

Yes. Easy. He would be in much better condition for NCAA's. Just my opinion. Even if Beitz wins two matches, he is NOT scoring bonus. Hey but the coaches know way more then me.

You seem to have a lot of faith in Andrew Alton. Are you aware that Andrew went 1-2 at ncaas last year?

Of course. Are you aware he had a torn labrum at NCAA's last year? Look I know he is not in near good enough shape right now, but I would bet anything by NCAA's he would score way more points than Beitz.Zach is our 4th best guy at 149!!! Frey handled him easily. English beat him. And I guartantee you Alton smokes him. Regardless we are beating a dead horse. Good luck Zach, I hope you prove me wrong.

Of course. Are you aware he had a torn labrum at NCAA's last year? Look I know he is not in near good enough shape right now, but I would bet anything by NCAA's he would score way more points than Beitz.Zach is our 4th best guy at 149!!! Frey handled him easily. English beat him. And I guartantee you Alton smokes him. Regardless we are beating a dead horse. Good luck Zach, I hope you prove me wrong.

Yes I'm aware that it was possible that Alton had an injury last year at ncaas. With that said, he was able to wrestle well enough during the season to secure a seed at ncaas. He beat Grajales pretty good at the Big 10s only to lose to him at the ncaas a few weeks later. In the first round, he had a match with Houdashelt that was very winnable (lost 4-1), but he wasn't able to get the job done. In the wrestlebacks, he had a win by fall before losing to Grajales. Alton was very competitive last year. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't able to wresle well enough in key moments. Andrew has a history of losing matches at ncaas to wrestlers he has beaten in the season. Personally, I'm not convinced that he does better at ncaas than Beitz.