Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Ness: Most exciting wrestler alive today!

Thank god watching iowa head hand become norm , this is breath fresh

Air .

After two matches which I was rooting against him, I now hope he wins the whole thing

Big fan

Glad to see you could catch the match from your Nigerian Internet cafe.

Or from Dagobah.

He is a throwback wrestler. Reminds me of Randy Lewis in his ability to hit big moves to the back and his desire to throw all caution to the wind against anyone and go for broke. I wouldn't want to be his coach, but he is incredibly entertaining.

Good comparison right there, also Chiaparelli would do the crazy $hit like that. He's going to be real pain in the a$$ for everyone come NCAAs. People have seen him do this enough now, they aren't going to want to shoot in too much. Which means that Ness is free to carry out his gameplan.

I still think DSJ beats him next time but Ness is a good a pick as any to win it all.

Ness has come on really strongly the last part of the season, and I think he's going to win the whole thing. Total dynamo.

Yet he has a loss to Murphy only 3 weeks ago. You never know which Ness is going to show up. I like the kid a lot. He is very entertaining. He has a big puncher's chance to win any match. However, I couldn't pick him to run the 3 day NCAA gauntlet with guys like Green, St. John and Dierenger in his bracket. I just can't see him hitting big moves on all 3 in the same tournament. Depending on seeding it may very well be that he would have to wrestle all 3 as he is likely a 6 or 7 seed as of now.

I always find it silly to predict a wrestlers seed before the Big Ten Tournament.

I wasn't trying to predict anything. I simply pointed out it is likely Ness would have to wrestle all 3 guys at the NCAA tournament to win it all............

I always find it silly to predict a wrestlers seed before the Big Ten Tournament.

I wasn't trying to predict anything. I simply pointed out it is likely Ness would have to wrestle all 3 guys at the NCAA tournament to win it all............

and back to my point that the Big Ten tournament will play a role in all those guys seeds.

and back to my point that the Big Ten tournament will play a role in all those guys seeds.

It could, but I would be very surprised if Green, St. John and Dierenger were not top3 in some order. Even if Ness wins the B1G tournament I don't think he could move much higher than 6th with the blemishes he has this year. I agree with you that predicting seeds at this point of the season is pretty much a waste as you are still often surprised when the seeding is actually done. I simply think 157 is pretty clear cut at the top3 and Ness hurt himself with some losses early in the season that will hurt his seeding.

Vak...you think he can beat Green? St John again? Dieringer? I think this will be the 4 semi-finalists.

I don't think he'll have to beat all three, but yes, I think he will beat them. In the match he beat St. John, it's not like he just hit that elevator and that was all he did. He was in on St. John's legs repeatedly in the first period including getting the only TD of the match. He could have trouble if he gets caught under St. John again since he struggled mightily there, but Green isn't much of a rider. Dieringer is an interesting match up. I just think ness is going to win. Be advised I have a bit of a soft spot for the Ness brothers, both personal non-Hawkeye favorites of mine. I think I picked Dylan to win or come in 2nd last year at 149 and when Jayson beat Dan Dennis in the NCAA, I was the most mixed I've ever felt about a match, I think.