Sign in to follow this  
zeeb

Oklahoma and protecting seeds

Really annoying to see what they did today, especially after they made a farce of the Big XII duals last season. They sat or bumped up ever single guy who won a match the first time around except for Rutt, who was in no danger of an upset. I wish the seeding committee at Big XIIs and NCAAs would consider this crap to be a loss for the wrestler who is sat out. Horrible for the sport when coaches pull crap like this. Especially when they make a habit of doing it to the whole lineup!

How many of the fans there today were there to see Howe and Perry go at it? How many are going to remember that next time and not bother to show up?

I understand your frustration and yes it's very p***y but what you're suggesting is not possible. They could just claim injury for the guys who set out which you can't punish guys for getting hurt. And the guys who bumped have every right to bump up in a dual. You can't tell teams they can't wrestle Howe at 84 to "try and win the dual". I understand what you're saying. I like Cody as a coach but he does some b***h moves. Still what you're saying is not possible.

I would be more inclined to view it as protecting seeds if it was a one time thing but they've had Howe at 184 for the last 3 duals now.

It wasn't just Howe. It was basically their entire lineup. Everybody who lost in Bedlam 1 wrestled today to try and improve their seed. Everybody who didn't, other than Rutt, sat or went up. Sitting Larson was especially obvious since he beat Mardsen 3-2 in Bedlam 1 but has dropped every Big XII match since. So sitting him kept him out of being a sure #4 seed.

Does anybody think Howe is going up to 184 for the tourney?

I"m starting to wonder that myself. Does anybody know what he weighed in at? My impression is that he is still weighing in at 174.