Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

hudson taylor must be upset

I guess you're not allowed to express opinions any longer? And if you do, you're an "idiot" or "homophobic" for being disgusted by certain behavior?

For those comparing this to racial discrimination, keep in mind that there is a huge difference between being disgusted by what many view as deviant and offensive BEHAVIOR, and simply race.

The kid's entitled to his opinion.

Oh, and Township is 100% correct. Had he come out and said he's sick of Christians, or conservatives in general, he'd be on The View, and that collection of freaks would be calling him a hero.

When something like this happens without fail idiots, like you, come along and say "FREE SPEECH!!! USA! Amurika!!!! USA! First Amendment!!!! USA!!!!!"

"Patriots" who don't have any understanding of the basic freedoms that they are claiming to love put a big stupid grin on my face. The first amendment prohibits the government from making a law against you and Sam Wheeler being idiots. It does not make either of you immune from any consequences that may come from the two of you being repugnant.

When a law is passed that makes it illegal for you and Sam Wheeler to talk like idiots you can cry about your "freedoms." That isn't what happened here though, is it? People with a sense of decency decided that they didn't want a bigot to be the face of their school or their team. Get used to it.

Wow, so many stereotypes wrapped up in one post. Right from the lib playbook:

1. Either people think like us, or they're stupid. Check.

2. Exaggeration of what someone says, in an effort to discredit them. Check.

3. Distort their statement, including an address of the Constitution or Bill of Rights? Check.

4. Throw a "K" into "America", for some odd reason, libs love this. Check.

For the record, I'm guessing the ONLY kind of grin you've ever had, is a "stupid" grin. I doubt you're capable of any other kind.

Who is the gay version of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? If there is one, Wheeler can apologize to him/her/TG and be absolved and it should go away.

A google search makes it look like Hudson Taylor wants to be that person!

What i'm wondering is, why would Hudson Taylor be upset?

See above.

Can some of you honestly not see the difference between...

"I don't agree with homosexuality and I believe it is wrong" Vs “I can’t even watch Sports Center today cause all they are talking about is Marcus Smart or that [gay slur] from Mizzou…”

Can you not see the difference between, "I think it's wrong that the sports world is making a big deal out of this and treating him special just because he's gay" and "“O geez I got all these [slur] boys mad at me now.”

Some of you act like Wheeler is just being attacked for his opinion that homosexuality is wrong. He's not. Had he stated his opinion in a respectful manner, one that didn't use vulgar offensive language, no one would have had a problem with it.

I grow tired of how right wing conservative bigoted Christians (A lot of Christians are NOT like this) want to cry foul and act like Wheeler is being attacked because he holds an opinion that homosexuality is wrong. That he is being attacked and punished, simply because he won't jump on the band wagon and support gay rights.

No, he's being punished not because of his beliefs, but because of how he went about expressing them. Had he left out the insulting remarks and stated his belief in a respectful manner, it wouldn't be an issue.

Stop scapegoating it out to be something it clearly isn't. It's getting old.

4. Throw a "K" into "America", for some odd reason, libs love this. Check.

For the record, I'm guessing the ONLY kind of grin you've ever had, is a "stupid" grin. I doubt you're capable of any other kind.

I almost want to believe girevik isn't even from this country. Wouldn't surprise me though...we have grown accustomed to foreigners bashing Americans and the way they think. In fact, we now welcome and accept them, put them all over our TV's (Piers Morgan) and sit there with that "stupid" grin our faces as if everything is A OK.

What exactly makes NJWC repugnant? Unless I've missed it, he isn't the one throwing slurs around or directing hate towards anyone. You are calling him an idiot and bigot because he feels homosexuality is wrong...nothing more...nothing less. True, you hide behind the "free speech" mantra quite well but in reality, your post has nothing to do with him and his right to free speech.

Hey, false equivalence much?

It's this simple, you have every right to say or to post what you choose, and I have every right to dumb **** both of you mercilessly for it. And I will. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. If you say it publicly there could be some consequences. Sam Wheeler knows this now, it would do you some good if you go ahead and get used to the idea. I hope it doesn't ruin his life, but it might.

I'd also like to add that I love that the word "liberal" is being hurled around like it's an insult. I guess in this instance "liberal" means a person who thinks everyone should be left alone and what ever adjective you use to describe a person who is the opposite of a "liberal" means a person who thinks that only straight people who hate gay people should be left alone. Best of luck getting back to that. Those days are long over and unfortunately, for you, most people think that's a good thing.

Do you guys not understand what indefinitely means? It does not mean he's permanently thrown off the team, it just means the length of the suspension isn't yet known. They may decide to let him back on the mat in a match or too.

Haha thank god for the cornell posters.

Indeed...but where were the Ithicans when the meaning of permanent suspension needed explaining?

Had he stated his opinion in a respectful manner, one that didn't use vulgar offensive language, no one would have had a problem with it.

I have to question this idea. I think you can be as respectful as possible and there will still be backlash from someone. Take Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty, don't recall him throwing out slurs or being hateful. Seems he just shared his beliefs. And in doing so, MSNBC made more news out of that than they did with the Benghazi, Fast and Furious and IRS targeting scandals combined. They look for those types of things especially if it involves a someone with right wing a/o Christian values. Look at the Chris Christy scandal. They won't shut up about it. They go on ad nauseam only because he is not a liberal like those that run that network. Go ahead and check out the facebook pages of people like Chris Mathews, Ed Schultz and Al Sharpton. I will bet you a thousand dollars right now there are more posts from their site about the bridge scandal than any of the 3 I mentioned earlier...COMBINED! Are you telling me that damn bridge closing is more newsworthy that 4 dead Americans in Benghazi? More important than the IRS targeting whoever they choose? That that damn bridge means more to this country than the killing of a border patrol agent? So no, you can express your opinions with the utmost respect and you will still be targeted by someone.

Says the guy who thinks the 1st amendment protects him if he says anything at any time to anyone.

Walk up to your boss and call him an ignorant cocksucker or go tell the new girl in accounting that she has a fabulous rack. Tell them you said it because you have the right. Come back and let us know how it goes.

Ease back Township, get back to loving everyone (including the lefty media types). Oh, and I think it would be a good idea for you to stop watching MSNBC. This forum will provide you with all the news you need.

And in doing so, MSNBC made more news out of that than they did with the Benghazi, Fast and Furious and IRS targeting scandals combined.

There it is. Sam Wheeler is 100% right in making his hatred of gay people public knowledge because BENGHAZI!!! :D :D :D

Hey, false equivalence much?

It's this simple, you have every right to say or to post what you choose, and I have every right to dumb **** both of you mercilessly for it. And I will. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. If you say it publicly there could be some consequences. Sam Wheeler knows this now, it would do you some good if you go ahead and get used to the idea. I hope it doesn't ruin his life, but it might.

I'd also like to add that I love that the word "liberal" is being hurled around like it's an insult. I guess in this instance "liberal" means a person who thinks everyone should be left alone and what ever adjective you use to describe a person who is the opposite of a "liberal" means a person who thinks that only straight people who hate gay people should be left alone. Best of luck getting back to that. Those days are long over and unfortunately, for you, most people think that's a good thing.

So basically what you are saying is that you can't find one quote where NJWC directed slurs towards ANYONE so you'll just go on and babble about inconsequential things such as the use of the word liberal. Btw, I'm struggling to find in my post where I even used the word Liberal. You are taking a page straight from Ed Schultz, Chris Mathews and the rest of the crew over at MSNBC. When you want people to ignore important issues like 4 dead Americans, divert their attention with things like some silly bridge scandal.

Btw, I'm struggling to find in my post where I even used the word Liberal.

I'm struggling to find in my post where I said that you did.

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you. :lol:

And in doing so, MSNBC made more news out of that than they did with the Benghazi, Fast and Furious and IRS targeting scandals combined.

There it is. Sam Wheeler is 100% right in making his hatred of gay people public knowledge because BENGHAZI!!! :D :D :D

I would respond but I have absolutely no idea what the hell you are even talking about with this post...

I would respond but I have absolutely no idea what the hell you are even talking about with this post...

What a coincidence.

I had you pegged as the sort who couldn't comprehend the things they read or keep up with a basic conversation. It wasn't a completely uneducated guess as that's how the people who I have met and my life who share your beleifs tend to be.

Can some of you honestly not see the difference between...

"I don't agree with homosexuality and I believe it is wrong" Vs “I can’t even watch Sports Center today cause all they are talking about is Marcus Smart or that [gay slur] from Mizzou…”

Can you not see the difference between, "I think it's wrong that the sports world is making a big deal out of this and treating him special just because he's gay" and "“O geez I got all these [slur] boys mad at me now.”

Some of you act like Wheeler is just being attacked for his opinion that homosexuality is wrong. He's not. Had he stated his opinion in a respectful manner, one that didn't use vulgar offensive language, no one would have had a problem with it.

I grow tired of how right wing conservative bigoted Christians (A lot of Christians are NOT like this) want to cry foul and act like Wheeler is being attacked because he holds an opinion that homosexuality is wrong. That he is being attacked and punished, simply because he won't jump on the band wagon and support gay rights.

No, he's being punished not because of his beliefs, but because of how he went about expressing them. Had he left out the insulting remarks and stated his belief in a respectful manner, it wouldn't be an issue.

Stop scapegoating it out to be something it clearly isn't. It's getting old.

Seconding this. He is not being suspended for his views on homosexuality. He is being suspended for tossing around slurs as a representative of Kent State. And he's being treated the same as any other student would be in that. He isn't being kicked off the team, he isn't losing his scholarship, he isn't getting charged with any crime, and he's unlikely to sit out for more than this weekend. Possibly only the first dual or two. If the student body president, or newspaper editorial staff, or any other student that is in a position to be a representative of the university did the same thing they'd also be taken out of that role at least temporarily.

I'm not a Kent State alumni. But if I was and the school hadn't responded by suspending him like this I would certainly be dissociating myself with Kent State. The school is right to be tremendously embarrassed that one of their athletes would do this. Wheelers actions made Kent State look bad. Do a google search for Kent State right now and this is the very first thing to come up. Do you think that prospective students and their parents doing research on what schools to attend wouldn't notice that?

Btw, I'm struggling to find in my post where I even used the word Liberal.

I'm struggling to find in my post where I said that you did.

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you. :lol:

Considering you quoted me while babbling about the use of the word liberal, one would ask why you are even bringing the subject up. Especially after considering that it had absolutely nothing to do with the post that you quoted. Again...straight from the playbook of MSNB and those left wing nut jobs. "I really have no answer for what the guy is saying so why not divert his attention with some other off the wall random topic.

I know you better than you know yourself... :D

What a coincidence.

I had you pegged as the sort who couldn't comprehend the things they read or keep up with a basic conversation. It wasn't a completely uneducated guess as that's how the people who I have met and my life who share your beleifs tend to be.

See, you shouldn't assume anything. Take you for instance. I should have probably assumed you are a wrestling fan here to discuss wrestling. Upon further review...not so much. You joined this site 3..3 1/2 years ago. 49 posts and probably 25% of them don't even really pertain to the sport of wrestling. You jump into discussions about homosexuality.. You discuss versions of the song Rocket Man...talk about kids wearing helmets while riding bicycles and even the correct ages of when kids should be graduating high school. But rarely do you even speak about why most of us are here.

I think you are some sort of left wing nut job trying to pass your ideas off anywhere that will accept you. Doesn't matter if it's on a wrestling forum or in the Better Homes and Gardens comments section. And as I'm sure you've already gathered, that's not completely an uneducated guess...

What a coincidence.

See, you shouldn't assume anything. Take you for instance. I should have probably assumed you are a wrestling fan here to discuss wrestling. Upon further review...not so much. You joined this site 3..3 1/2 years ago. 49 posts and probably 50% of them don't even really pertain to the sport of wrestling. You jump into discussions about homosexuality.. You discuss versions of the song Rocket Man...talk about kids wearing helmets while riding bicycles and even the correct ages of when kids should be graduating high school. But rarely do you even speak about why most of us are here.

I think you are some sort of left wing nut job trying to pass your ideas off anywhere that will accept you. Doesn't matter if it's on a wrestling forum or in the Better Homes and Gardens comments section. And as I'm sure you've already gathered, that's not completely an uneducated guess...

I remember when college was a market place of ideas where you didn't have to forcefully suppress people bc you knew the just ideas would rise to the top but that isn't the case anymore

Not suppressing an idea. They're suppressing an expression of prejudice. Sanctioning Wheeler IS a just idea rising to the top.