Sign in to follow this  
Zelph

The delcine of Penn State has begun

They may not win it all this year. Lose to Minnehaha. Ruth has lost. An undefeated Freshman who won't place higher than third at the big dance. The Altons will both fold. Brown won't win it. Taylor should but will proabably get the flu and run out of gas & then get pinned by a cradle.

Next year - back to earth for the nits.

......... McIntosh celebration after handling Schiller...... none ....... no Lou Ferrigno flex, no Al and Tipper Gore point into the crowd and act like you know somebody, no hold your hands up like Lawrence f'** Welk- just the way it should be- shake hands and walk off - do your job..............

penn state had a rare combination with ruth and taylor

they will be back down to earth which basically means they will be a top 3 program for the next few years

ohio state should win their dual next year and on paper is the team to beat

For parity in college wrestling I hope someone knocks off Penn State either this year or next. Penn State has developed a program that should sustain long term success(top 5 team) as long as Cael doesn't have any real big misses on recruits or career ending injuries.

I am surprised no one has come in here name calling the OP yet.

Ruth and Taylor are two very unique wrestlers though and Penn State fans (and college wrestling fans) should realize the honor they have had to witness two of the best.

Penn State will be tough next year. Right now I would say its a 4 team race next season with PSU, OSU, MN, Cornell. Iowa and OK State will probably be in the mix but they have a lot of changes coming and I don't know their depth (i am sure it is there) well enough to know how they will fill in.

Yeah, you're right. With only Megaludis, Gulibon, Retherford, Beitz, Alton, Nolf, Hammond, Brown, Nickal, McCutcheon, McIntosh, Lawson, Gingrich and Nevills around, next year will be rough. Cael should be getting fired soon enough.

:lol:

Yeah, you're right. With only Megaludis, Gulibon, Retherford, Beitz, Alton, Nolf, Hammond, Brown, Nickal, McCutcheon, McIntosh, Lawson, Gingrich and Nevills around, next year will be rough. Cael should be getting fired soon enough.

and Conaway.

Despite all the joking, the loss of Ruth and Taylor will hurt.

Name any other team that have TWO guys who bonus at that rate. Some teams have 1 guy (Ohio State with Steiber, Minnesota with Schiller, Indiana with Walsh, etc) but almost none have two.

Despite all the joking, the loss of Ruth and Taylor will hurt.

Name any other team that have TWO guys who bonus at that rate. Some teams have 1 guy (Ohio State with Steiber, Minnesota with Schiller, Indiana with Walsh, etc) but almost none have two.

and Conaway.

since there is only ten weights I don't think we need to worry about how many guys sit on the bench that could qualify for nationals but if more kids want to sit and waste a year more power to them there are other teams that may only have ten wrestlers but they are as good as the starting psu ten

and Conaway.

Mega can redshirt next year and then Conoway would start. He'd probably be a top 5 kid at 125 if this happened.

and Conaway.

Mega can redshirt next year and then Conoway would start. He'd probably be a top 5 kid at 125 if this happened.

Exactly. Then the following year (Mega's RS SR season) starts with Conaway-Mega-Gulibon-Zain

I think the "We are nation" realizes after Sunday how special what they have had really is and how hard it will be to keep it going. Who would have thought that they would have stumbled like they have with the Altons and Ruth having a loss.

Penn State will manage. They have a few good ones coming in who might eventually make a name for themselves.

maybe they'll delcine, but PSU will have an exciting team to watch either way.

Glad somebody else got that...is delcining (sic) something that's done on a La-Z-Boy in Central Pennsylvania?

I think delcining(sic) involves a stick and underground water, but I'm no expert on the subject.

I could be wrong. :lol: