Sign in to follow this  
Specops76

DOWN GOES BURROUGHS!!!!!

Wow....

I really thought Dake would be the first to beat him.

At least he lost to one of ours. As surprised as i am, I am a little less surprised that he lost to an American. It takes someone who knows him very well and has some experience wresting him to beat him.

I second this. It was bound to happen at some point and it makes sense that it would be an American as it would need to have been someone very familiar with his style. Similar to Smith/Fisher Schultz/Monday Jackson/Gutches Wilson/Fadzaev etc.

Burroughs will rebound. Not the end of the world.

So the criteria was Marable 2 tds to Burroughs 1 shot clock pt, 1 push out, 1 td?

It's impossible to tell from the video, since the video feed linked above cuts out Marable's first 2 points. The video jumps forward a couple of minutes to when Marable got his second 2 by countering a JB shot and getting his own TD to go up 4-1.

The video does show JB getting the first point due to the shot clock expiring without scoring. Given that Marable won 4-4 and JB got his own TD to end the match, you must be right that Marable got 2 TDs for his 4 points.

I really wish we could've seen Marable's first TD. I wonder if Marable initiated the action or countered a sloppy JB shot.

If you missed it go here http://awf-az.org/multimedia/video-arxi ... anli-yayim mat a about 4:15 into the video if you scroll back

reviewing the video replay...the Japanese wrestler on deck and coach are blocking the view with about 3:45 on the clock and JB winning 1-0, then inexplicably the video skips forward to 5:27 on the clock w/Nick winning 2-1 just before he scores a counter TD on the edge to go up 4-1...wtf happened :evil: ...how did Marable score his first TD?

Was really hoping JB would keep that streak alive for a few more years. I know, it's not the end of the world, but part of me is really bummed out right now. But I have to agree with armspin, this was inevitable sooner or later.

Marable's been wrestling great lately. You know, it's funny, a few years ago when JB beat Marable (believe it was after the 2011 Trials), Burroughs said something like Marable was the strongest wrestler he ever faced.

Well back to the drawing board. Hopefully JB goes on a tear now and starts another streak. I'm sure Marable and Dake have other plans.

Everyone should know that 2+2 > 1 + 1 + 2 :) So much more making wrestling easier for the casual fan. But it seems that even many on this site don't understand also.

I think you're selling the average fan short here. Soccer. the most popular sport in the world frequently has tie scores which end in one team winning and fans follow this fine. If I'm not mistaken, the same exists in hockey. Don't quote me on that one, I haven't watched a hockey match in years and that was probably only because someone tuned the tv to the channel and I had no say in changing it. Fans can understand, they're not all stupid.

Casual observer: 4-4, oh how's that a win?

Fan: Well there's criteria.

Casual observer: Oh I see, like in socccer with penalty kicks?

fan: Yeah, like that, only different.

Obviously could not see the whole match because the video skipped. But Burroughs seemed inactive. Didn't seem to be looking for his shot. He came roaring back the next two matches-10-0 and 10-2 (should have had a pin).

This is the most frustrating part of it. Burroughs did absolutely nothing through the first period and a half, very few shots and little to no action. As stated earlier the only point scored was off a penalty point. I didn't see marbles first takedown and the second td was off a sloppy JB shot. Then Burroughs spends the last 20 seconds scoring at will (push out plus td) but its too little too late.

Hopefully this serves as a wake up call for him! You can't sleepwalk through the first half or more of a match and just turn it on at the end and expect to win, as he obviously thought he could do. He'll be back, but this should make for an interesting US Open!