Sign in to follow this  
Gasman

So is Andrew Alton done for the year?

Yes. Cael pretty much said it's Beitz the rest of the way.

I hope that's not true. I like Beitz but people need to learn that there's a huge difference between being able to keep in close in a loss, and winning. Beitz's time will come but if Alton still beats him in wrestle-offs, and I've never heard anything to the contrary, then Alton should start. Plus, Alton is obviously still getting his post-surgery lungs back and there's a full month between now and NCAAs to pack in some wind sprints. The upside for Alton, at least over the next month, is much higher. Beitz's time will come, but as of now, I'll eat my shorts if he wins more than a match at NCAAs. Alton, though, has about a coin flip's chance of landing on the podium. Its sad to see how easily people are blinded by seeing him gas in a few post-surgery matches. Lets hope the coaching staff isn't as short-sighted as fickle fans, and lets them wrestle a best of 3 wrestle-off just before B1Gs to see who competes in the post-season.

I like Beitz but people need to learn that there's a huge difference between being able to keep in close in a loss, and winning.

Cael has been quoted in a recent interview that it is now Bietz' spot to lose. It's not about wrestle-offs, etc.

I hope that's not true. I like Beitz but people need to learn that there's a huge difference between being able to keep in close in a loss, and winning. Beitz's time will come but if Alton still beats him in wrestle-offs, and I've never heard anything to the contrary, then Alton should start. Plus, Alton is obviously still getting his post-surgery lungs back and there's a full month betwene now and NCAAs to pack in some wind sprints. The upside for Alton, at least over the next month, is much higher. Beitz's time will come, but as of now, I'll eat my shorts if he wins more than a match at NCAAs. Alton, though, has about a coin flip's chance of landing on the podium. Its sad to see how easily people are blinded by seeing him gas in a few post-surgery matches. Lets hope the coaching staff is long-sighted enough to let them wrestle a best of 3 wrestle-off just before B1Gs and let the winner wrestle.

I think we are the only 2 guys on the same page, I agree with you 100%. Beitz barely has a winning record, and he is losing most of the close battles, and he is NOT scoring any bonus. Huge mistake to have him as the PSU 149 pounder. Beitz is our 4th best guy at that weight!

I hope that's not true. I like Beitz but people need to learn that there's a huge difference between being able to keep in close in a loss, and winning. Beitz's time will come but if Alton still beats him in wrestle-offs, and I've never heard anything to the contrary, then Alton should start. Plus, Alton is obviously still getting his post-surgery lungs back and there's a full month betwene now and NCAAs to pack in some wind sprints. The upside for Alton, at least over the next month, is much higher. Beitz's time will come, but as of now, I'll eat my shorts if he wins more than a match at NCAAs. Alton, though, has about a coin flip's chance of landing on the podium. Its sad to see how easily people are blinded by seeing him gas in a few post-surgery matches. Lets hope the coaching staff is long-sighted enough to let them wrestle a best of 3 wrestle-off just before B1Gs and let the winner wrestle.

I think we are the only 2 guys on the same page, I agree with you 100%. Beitz barely has a winning record, and he is losing most of the close battles, and he is NOT scoring any bonus. Huge mistake to have him as the PSU 149 pounder. Beitz is our 4th best guy at that weight!

you don't think cael knows more about the situation he could easily send out alton for big tens but he also could very well know more than is being let on and maybe he has decided that it is time to focus on the young buck thinking he will break out like conaway did

You're not the only 2. I'm also not on the Beitz bandwagon yet - most other PSU fans are thinking he's this close to AAing, while I haven't seen a win yet that tells me he can score any points at nationals. A loss by 2 points or in OT counts scores exactly the same team points as getting tech'd at Nationals. That said, the current version of AA is not doing anything either, Frey and English are hurt, so I guess it is his job by default.

I'm don't want this to be viewed as a shot on Beitz - he started off the season as the backup 41. He's come miles, but sure has miles to go.

LOL at people thinking they have a better idea of the situation than a 4x NCAA champ that is coaching and oversees every practice and match. Carl probably knows what is going to be best for PSU at 149.

Lol, was that an intentional spelling slip? Either way it is funny. If not, you lose credibility by slamming everyone for doubting Cael but then misspelling his name. If so, you get a great trolling award for building up the argument but then ripping the rug out from underneath it by the aptly placed misspelled name.......