Sign in to follow this  
WreslingSuperior

Sara McMann

She crumpled clutching her liver and showed no interest in defending herself while eating punches. It was a little quick, but hardly a bad stoppage. Dean has no way of knowing while she was down that she might get back up.

igPI50XU5gPPy.gif

That stoppage was ok. Quick but ok. Sarah must have been in extreme pain if she did not question it. By the way round 1 was going Rousey wins this one anyway but who knows. There may be a re-match but not for at least a couple of years.

Agree it was a quick stoppage but the ref is there to protect the fighters. The fight ended so quick hard to say what would happen if McMann wins her next couple of fights in dominating fashion she should get a rematch. I do think she needs promote herself better in these game selling tickets is important.

Given how the UFC refs generally let more go in title fights, how the ref, Herb Dean, let a brutal beating go on earlier in the night and that Rousey's follow up punches were weak, barely qualified as punches plus the landing on McMann's shoulder, I've seen 4 year old throw harder cross faces than those punches. all that adds up to an early stoppage.

Look at the difference in refereeing Dean did in the Maldonado v Villante and Henderson v Rua fights.

At the end of the last round Villante's "defense" was eating punches as he stumbled from one side of the octagon to the other.

Henderson v Rua: Henderson was down on all fours and getting hit with hard punches - Rua snapped his head back with a few of them - he was down in that position for a substantially longer time than McMann was.

I guess Henderson's intelligent defense was keeping both hands on the canvas and not turning his head away from Rua so he could eat all those punches.