Sign in to follow this  
lightweight

Early PIAA AAA preview

Marstellar pin in 1:23. He was already up 8-0 at the time of the fall.

Yup. He has three matches to win to finish as an undefeated 4x PA AAA state champion. And I know that he has already beaten the two WPIAL guys remaining in the bracket, Wilps and Coniker, this year at PowerAde. Unless you are young you may never see this again in your lifetime, very, very impressive.

Maybe Spencer Lee can do it. Kid is a David Taylor like scoring machine.

Marstellar pin in 1:23. He was already up 8-0 at the time of the fall.

Yup. He has three matches to win to finish as an undefeated 4x PA AAA state champion. And I know that he has already beaten the two WPIAL guys remaining in the bracket, Wilps and Coniker, this year at PowerAde. Unless you are young you may never see this again in your lifetime, very, very impressive.

Maybe Spencer Lee can do it. Kid is a David Taylor like scoring machine.

Tbar - Yes, I saw him at PowerAde and he was very impressive. You are probably right that he is the next most likely candidate. But I like the interview that he gave this week - when asked about the possibility of being a 4xer, he said, "Well, perhaps I better win the first one first." Very poised for a freshman.

Lee is very impressive, but Chance's titles may be a little more impressive because he started his run at the 145 weight class, if I remember correctly. A lot of freshmen have success at the first 3 weight classes, but to jump into those middle classes where a lot of upper-classmen tend to hang around is tough.

Just watched the Curry-Sheehan match on demand replay and man Sheehan is a BEAST on top. Just toyed with Curry. Sheehan must like the stage the Giant Center offers haha. Still surprised Sevi got cradled up like that, real nice slick TD in the first, been wrestling great all postseason, thought it would be him and Zavatsky.

Tbar - Yes, I saw him at PowerAde and he was very impressive. You are probably right that he is the next most likely candidate. But I like the interview that he gave this week - when asked about the possibility of being a 4xer, he said, "Well, perhaps I better win the first one first." Very poised for a freshman.

Thanks for sharing that. Lee sounds mature for his age. Fun to watch.

Lee teched little Lizak 19-4 in 5:06. Will face White from Central Dauphin in the semi's. White is the So Central Regional winner.

Pletcher won 12-2. Ethan Lizak won 12-3. Ethan will get Scott Parker who won 17-2 in 5:38. Parker has a win over Ethan Lizak from earlier this year.

Valley won 10-0, he now gets Dalton Macri who won 26-11. Headlee won 9-1 and now gets Krivus who won 3-1.

Chase Zemenak of Nazareth beat defending state champion Tyler Smith of Franklin Regional 3-1. He will get Grossman, the NW1 in the semis. Cam Coy beats Bensalem's Tom Stokes 3-0 on the other side of the bracket.

Joseph SW1 won by fall at 5:11 on the top of the bracket. Patrick Duggan from CV won a close match in OT and he'll face Joseph. Ems NE1 beat Schuyler. Mike Kemerer SW2 from Franklin Regional beat Hayden Hidlay from Mifflin County 7-4.

Galasso from Father Judge vs. Maruca from Franklin Regional in the top half, Galasso wins a close match 5-3.

Chisko from Canon Mac majored Probst in the bottom half.

I think TC Warner probably pinned his opponent. The pin happened at 2:47. Josh Shileds from Franklin Regional is on the other side of the bracket. Shields won 13-2

Ehrin Lee is on the top half of the bracket and he had to go to 2 min of OT to beat Bobby Fehr of Northampton.

Garrett Peppleman of Central Dauphin is in the bottom half and he won 19-4 over a pretty tough kid Chad Recce who is headed to Bucknell. Pretty dominating if you ask me.

Valley won 10-0, he now gets Dalton Macri who won 26-11. Headlee won 9-1 and now gets Krivus who won 3-1.

Chase Zemenak of Nazareth beat defending state champion Tyler Smith of Franklin Regional 3-1. He will get Grossman, the NW1 in the semis. Cam Coy beats Bensalem's Tom Stokes 3-0 on the other side of the bracket.

Joseph SW1 won by fall at 5:11 on the top of the bracket. Patrick Duggan from CV won a close match in OT and he'll face Joseph. Ems NE1 beat Schuyler. Mike Kemerer SW2 from Franklin Regional beat Hayden Hidlay from Mifflin County 7-4.

Macri has Headlee and Valley has Krivus. I'm going out on a bit of a limb, but i'm going to take Valley over Krivus.

Kyle Coniker SW1 is on the top half and he beat Lusane SE3 from Norristown 4-2. Dambro, the SE1 from Garnet Valley, is also in the top half but he lost to Seibert from Big Spring 6-1.

Marstellar is in the bottom half and he beat SE2 Gabe Hale of Downingtown West by a 19-3 TF in 4:47.

In the top half ... this has to be an upset Price from North Penn beat Kyle Koser from North York 7-3.

Zac Zavatsky is on the other side and he has to be the prohibitive favorite. He won 14-4.

Jan Johnson SC1 from Governor Mifflin won 4-3 over Tom Sleigh NW1 from Dubois.

10th grader Andrew Phipps from Norwin beat Jordan Wertz from Boyertown 3-1.

Nazzer Haddad NE1 from Parkland won in the bottom half of the bracket. In an upset, NE3 Jovon Reyes from Allentown Deiruff beat unbeaten Cole Macek SW1 from Montour 3-2.

I think Boykin from Coatesville won by fall. Jordan Wood from Boyertown is on the other side and he is winning huge right now against Tyler Worthing the top kid from the SW Regional ... Wood wins 18-1 in 4:40. Worthing is a nice wrestler and Wood wins like that? Wow.

I'll be shocked if these two don't advance to the final.

Hwt

Kuhn won 1-0. He will face Haines now. Haines won 9-1 over Lance from Nazareth.

Pat Finn from Pottsgrove beat Augustine from McDowell and Monk from Dallas won on the other side.

I think Boykin from Coatesville won by fall. Jordan Wood from Boyertown is on the other side and he is winning huge right now against Tyler Worthing the top kid from the SW Regional ... Wood wins 18-1 in 4:40. Worthing is a nice wrestler and Wood wins like that? Wow.

I'll be shocked if these two don't advance to the final.

Hwt

Kuhn won 1-0. He will face Haines now. Haines won 9-1 over Lance from Nazareth.

Pat Finn from Pottsgrove beat Augustine from McDowell and Monk from Dallas won on the other side.

Although I think Haines will beat Kuhn that is one of the rare times when I would actually be interested in watching a heavyweight match.

Kyle Coniker SW1 is on the top half and he beat Lusane SE3 from Norristown 4-2. Dambro, the SE1 from Garnet Valley, is also in the top half but he lost to Seibert from Big Spring 6-1.

Marstellar is in the bottom half and he beat SE2 Gabe Hale of Downingtown West by a 19-3 TF in 4:47.

In the top half ... this has to be an upset Price from North Penn beat Kyle Koser from North York 7-3.

Zac Zavatsky is on the other side and he has to be the prohibitive favorite. He won 14-4.

Jan Johnson SC1 from Governor Mifflin won 4-3 over Tom Sleigh NW1 from Dubois.

10th grader Andrew Phipps from Norwin beat Jordan Wertz from Boyertown 3-1.

Nazzer Haddad NE1 from Parkland won in the bottom half of the bracket. In an upset, NE3 Jovon Reyes from Allentown Deiruff beat unbeaten Cole Macek SW1 from Montour 3-2.

tbar - I don't know either of these 182 wrestlers so I am trying to understand your "upset" characterization. Was Koser heavily favored? I see that he only has one loss, but Price only had 4, so sometimes that can be scheduling-related. And they are both seniors and both region champions, which is all that I can glean from the brackets. What are their relative histories, if you are familiar with them?

Dan Moran of Northampton making a statement w a 10-4 win over Sheehan. Not many picked Moran to make the finals after a 3rd place finish in Districts. Vs Undefeated Devin Brown in finals.

And that victory sets up a Curry-Sheehan re-match in the consolation bracket.

The 126 semis feature all three of the D7 wrestlers.

Valley vs Krivus scoreless heading into OT

Macri was up 5-0 on Headlee but Headlee got a reversal, now 5-2, final was 5-3

Edit : Valley wins 1-0 on a stall call

All D7 final with Joseph of PCC vs Kemerer of Franklin Regional. Joseph won the WPIAL final, but Kemerer has won the other matches, e.g. the PowerAde finals. Should be tightly contested between wrestlers who are very familiar with each other.