Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

minnesota has the best team who has the best individuals

Minnesota settled it by putting it on the line and taking on all those that would accept the challenge many teams ducked it but minnesota is the best team

in march we find out who has the best collection of individuals

should be a big shake up in 125 Keener crapped the bed while Roberts Hall stepped up Garrett wrestled good but Delgado crushed and 133 Brewer crapped the bed. Roth Thorn and DiJulius stepped it up 141 Stieber killed 2 TF 2MD it over # 8, 14, 23 and 25 Horan won 4 but not impressive, Rodriguez didn't help himself 1-3 149 Maples got to pay rated too high. Villa and Dardanes need to move up. I got it

Houdasheldt

Dardanes

Tshirts 2

Maple

Villalonga

Soufle'

should be a big shake up in 125 Keener crapped the bed while Roberts Hall stepped up Garrett wrestled good but Delgado crushed and 133 Brewer crapped the bed. Roth Thorn and DiJulius stepped it up 141 Stieber killed 2 TF 2MD it over # 8, 14, 23 and 25 Horan won 4 but not impressive, Rodriguez didn't help himself 1-3 149 Maples got to pay rated too high. Villa and Dardanes need to move up. I got it

Houdasheldt

Dardanes

Tshirts 2

Maple

Villalonga

Soufle'

%7B9F09EF62-53C6-4155-B4C1-F05C075F03C1%7DImg150.jpg

I think it's great. Minnesota's fans get to claim this as a really good consolation prize and view the season as a resounding success. This event appears to be what their program is shooting for year in and year out and they are succeeding without question. Kudos to the Golden Gophers, quite the program.

Minnesota views te national duals as important but not as important as NCAA tournament. No need to backhand compliment MInnesota Cletus. They will be ready to rock at nationals and it should be an exciting weekend.

While I would prefer Minny to win it all in March, topping Penn State this year is going to be a challenge. Not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. IF they could pull out another 10x AA team somehow, with champions in Schiller and Nelson (both would need to step it up from where they have been recently) I could see it happening.

Nelson and Ness both have finalist potential. Thorn has emerged as a real threat at a 133 weight class with no dominating force. Schiller, the Dardanes, Steinhaus and Storley are all returning or former AA's. That's 8 really good wrestlers. Can that group win it? Sure. Would they be favored over PSU? No but it wouldn't be a shock if they took them out either.

Minnesota settled it by putting it on the line and taking on all those that would accept the challenge many teams ducked it but minnesota is the best team

in march we find out who has the best collection of individuals

Is your favorite song "wishlist" by Pearl Jam?

While I would prefer Minny to win it all in March, topping Penn State this year is going to be a challenge. Not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. IF they could pull out another 10x AA team somehow, with champions in Schiller and Nelson (both would need to step it up from where they have been recently) I could see it happening.

Something tells me that Schiller is pretty well scouted now. He has some flaws. Maybe even Gibbons might admit it. As for Nelson, he's got some pretty athletic opponents now that he hasn't had in the past.

They need big time, and I mean big time, bonus points. I just don't see it. BTW, there's also a team south of them that can make some noise if they too can get some BP's.

The Minnesota/Michigan dual is a perfect example of what can make duals exciting. Michigan matched up as well as they could with Minnesota. Even then, it took Chris Dardanes not wrestling and 3 upsets(Grajales over Dardanes, Murphy over Ness and Coon over Nelson) for Michigan to win. That was possibly the best dual to watch of the season. Trust me that is hard to say as a Spartan. :D

I love the NCAA tournament as much as anyone. I simply hope the powers that be find a way to make the dual season more relevant so that we can see the marque match ups of teams AS WELL as individuals.