Sign in to follow this  
WalterWhite

So no one else is mad that the ref decided that match....

Would it have been nice to see them settle it? Yes, V should have attempted to compete and maybe he could have won that match. I didn't notice the first stall call on him so I was surprised when the match was over.

The stupid thing is the lack of aggression in collegiate wrestling. The ref did not decide that match. The rules of wrestling decided that match. Next topic. This thread is dead.

Your insane. V was aggressive. The match had pretty good action. Now was he taking a million stupid shots like Dardanes no, but he was aggressive enough to get a takedown, and when the match was stop looked like he was about to get another one.

I didn't see the match but I did watch Howe vs Ottinger. Howe and coaches wanted a stall call on Ottinger. Ottinger did not try any offense but IMHO, neither did Howe. There are many moves you can hit from a standing FHL and Howe hit exactly ..NONE

Is pushing now an offensive move ? Pulling the head down into a standing FHL and pushing forward is an offensive move ?

Was Dardanes trying any offensive wrestling moves when he pushed ?

I didn't see the match but I did watch Howe vs Ottinger. Howe and coaches wanted a stall call on Ottinger. Ottinger did not try any offense but IMHO, neither did Howe. There are many moves you can hit from a standing FHL and Howe exactly ..NONE

Is pushing now an offensive move ? Pulling the head down into a standing FHL and pushing forward is an offensive move ?

I didn't see the match but I did watch Howe vs Ottinger. Howe and coaches wanted a stall call on Ottinger. Ottinger did not try any offense but IMHO, neither did Howe. There are many moves you can hit from a standing FHL and Howe exactly ..NONE

Dardanes did have offense, but not that many real attempts. V had a couple of shots as well one he scored on, and one he got reshot and scored on. Both wrestlers were working but V got hit with stalling because he was being pushed out of bounds. Then got hit with stalling in overtime as he was shooting. It was dumb.

Being an Official is not an easy thing. Since WalterWhite is the expert here why don't you share your experience as an Official? Refs talk to the athletes all the time about what is expected of them. Some listen others do not. Most Officials do so much to NOT be the show, to let the athletes themselves determine the matches. Unfortunately not all the athletes do what they need to do. If the official saw stalling and did not call it would that be better? It is a no win situation.......

He was on the defensive for too long. Ref made his mind up before the final scramble you mention. Wasn't dumb.

I think this is true; but in any case, CV has gotta know he's got to press the action more in this situation.

No gripes from me on that call.

I'm a Cornell fan and thought it was the right call. I just said to my wife ( even though she could care less) that V was about to be called for stalling. I was surprised by it but it was correct. My only problem is the consistency from ref to ref with stalling calls. I wish more refs had the guts to call it. If they did eventually there would be less need for it because wrestlers would learn to be more aggressive.

Being an Official is not an easy thing. Since WalterWhite is the expert here why don't you share your experience as an Official? Refs talk to the athletes all the time about what is expected of them. Some listen others do not. Most Officials do so much to NOT be the show, to let the athletes themselves determine the matches. Unfortunately not all the athletes do what they need to do. If the official saw stalling and did not call it would that be better? It is a no win situation.......

Well since stalling is a judgement call he made the judgement to decide the match himself instead of let them wrestle. Ref was on a power trip. If he does nothing the wrestlers the decide the match. So I see a situation where everyone wins (except Dardanes because he was about to get taken down) not just the ref.

Well since stalling is a judgement call he made the judgement to decide the match himself instead of let them wrestle. Ref was on a power trip. If he does nothing the wrestlers the decide the match. So I see a situation where everyone wins (except Dardanes because he was about to get taken down) not just the ref.

I didn't see the match but I did watch Howe vs Ottinger. Howe and coaches wanted a stall call on Ottinger. Ottinger did not try any offense but IMHO, neither did Howe. There are many moves you can hit from a standing FHL and Howe hit exactly ..NONE

If the pushout rule is adopted, Ottinger would be the National Champ.

Dardanes Literally was pushing him out of bounds the whole match, that does not warrant staling on the guy getting pushed.... Plus let them wrestling. JEEEZZZZZ

Just saying...

I just watched the dual and I was glad the ref FINALLY hit him again for stalling. Everything that is wrong with wrestling was on display during that match. A wrestler that refuses to engage and try to win a one point match is not worth watching. 165 was a match that should be an example of how two wrestling attacking can create great action.

Vililonga got what he deserved.

Dardanes Literally was pushing him out of bounds the whole match, that does not warrant staling on the guy getting pushed.... Plus let them wrestling. JEEEZZZZZ

Just saying...

I just watched the dual and I was glad the ref FINALLY hit him again for stalling. Everything that is wrong with wrestling was on display during that match. A wrestler that refuses to engage and try to win a one point match is not worth watching. 165 was a match that should be an example of how two wrestling attacking can create great action.

Your crazy! Idk what kinda action you want, but if action is what you want, go to the some middle school tournaments and you will be satisfied. This is Division ONE college wrestling! Everyone has insanely good defense. What do you want V to take crappy shots and get taken down? You have to pick your shots and he did. Thats not stalling it is smart wrestling. Oh and by the way someone pushing you out of bounds should not be rewarded. We do not have a push out rule, this is not freestyle.

Just saying...

Your crazy! Idk what kinda action you want, but if action is what you want, go to the some middle school tournaments and you will be satisfied. This is Division ONE college wrestling! Everyone has insanely good defense. What do you want V to take crappy shots and get taken down? You have to pick your shots and he did. Thats not stalling it is smart wrestling. Oh and by the way someone pushing you out of bounds should not be rewarded. We do not have a push out rule, this is not freestyle.

Didn't Villalonga get his TD off of a Dardanes shot?

Hand fighting and backing up may not be stalling, but apparetnly it was to that particular ref. He had as much time to mount a forward offense, including shots (and fake shots) that Dardanes had.