Sign in to follow this  
HamPorter

Help Please

I know I am probably a day late and a dollar short here, but does anyone have any idea where tickets are still being sold? Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, you know for the love of the sport. Thanks!

Assuming you mean tickets for Div. I Nationals, you could start here:

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/wrestling/d1/tickets

I apologize, I only have one tournament on my mind right now. The fact that Jaroslav took the time to find a picture of tickets tells me all I need to know about him. Thanks everyone for the help. I am still looking for all session tickets to the Natty tournament in OKC.

Also, if anyone has any idea of rooms whether they know of people cancelling or know where there are some available, please let me know as well. Just recently found out I was going to be able to make it thus the scrambling. Thanks again!

Haha it's all good Jarsolav. It was funny that's for sure.. I appreciate a good sense of humor. I have tried airbnb but couldn't find anything that I felt comfortable diving in to. I will take a look at that again. I didn't know that I would strike a nerve from a grammatical standpoint. I am just trying to get some tickets and lodging pal, not trying to get a job. So head back up to your ivory tower and observe. Thank you to those who were helping. MOST wrestling folk are good people.

I know I am probably a day late and a dollar short here, but does anyone have any idea where tickets are still being sold? Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, you know for the love of the sport. Thanks!

your choices are:

1) Stub hub (and get crushed with ticket price )

2) NCAA ticket exchange (see above)

3) buy them outside the arena...I've been going to this for years and every year there's both the guys selling for the ticket brokers and the guys with extra tickets that they're not using. Either way better than the ticket exchange or stub hub. There's always tickets available but I have noticed that there's been less and less each year.

Also, outside chance you can hook up with one of the big schools or host school's booster club. I did that with Nebraska several years ago when the tournament was in Omaha. Seats stunk but I was in the arena at a reasonable price.

I'm with Gasman....show up and buy your tickets outside the arena. Been to about 15 of these and there are tons of tickets available outside of the arena. Just make sure the lack of ticket in hand doesn't stop you from going.

Definitely get tickets outside. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Hotel rooms are always available if you don't mind being a few miles out. Great deals. Hotwire and Priceline will do you just fine and save you a lot of money.

Rental cars can also be procured well below listed prices.

Thank you very much everyone. I got some outside the arena at my first one 6 years ago. Seemed to work out alright. I may end up doing that. Sometimes it's nice to have them in hand, however, I know that they are getting harder and harder to come by.

Ham,

Just a couple of quick ideas that have worked in the past.

Check here daily. There are usually a few people that need to sell tickets and they historically go fast.

There may be some booster clubs looking to sell tickets once the conference meets are over, if you know any booster clubs contact them now and get the word out you are looking for tickets.

Lately it pays to get outside the arena early in the morning. If you can beat the scalpers you should be able to get them at face value or near face. It is legal to scalp tickets in Oklahoma City however you may not sell tickets in the "Buffer Free Zone".

"The buffer zone extends from the arena to the streets surrounding it, including the hotel and parking garage next door and the space between the arena and the south Cox Convention Center entrance. The opposite sides of those streets and other corners of the intersections are fair game".

Ham, I'm not sure where you would like to sit in the arena but booster clubs/teams usually are not the best seats. Personally, I don't have the greatest eyesight so I always try to get good lower bowl seats. If that is your intention, make sure you know the layout of the arena. That way you can be a little careful that you don't get disappointed or ripped off.