Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Penn State Fans: Huge inferiority complex!

Maybe it's something in the water out East. All I have read for 2 weeks now is excuses and rationalization out of you guys. Could this have to do with Sandusky and the fact that 99% of this country finds Penn State disgusting?

I'm not a Penn St guy, but it seems like the majority on here just want to see them fall. Any chance to take them off the top, someone will take it. They lost to Minnesota in a dual that could have just as easily went the other way, and you guys jump on Minnesota nuts giving them the #1 spot just jumping at the chance to spite PSU. All of this while completely ignoring the Minnesota loss to Michigan like it never happened. I think it's more of a hater problem than a PSU inferiority complex.

Maybe it's something in the water out East. All I have read for 2 weeks now is excuses and rationalization out of you guys. Could this have to do with Sandusky and the fact that 99% of this country finds Penn State disgusting?

http://thechoice.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... blogs&_r=0

Well, that's awkward.. guess over 100,000 kids a year don't find us too disgusting :D

I don't understand why everyone wants to see PSU fall so badly. Pretty cool to be the Miami Heat of NCAA wrestling 8-)

Of course, if you pick and choose which comments to use as an example, you're gonna see a nasty image. Every team fanbase reaches an extreme point here and there.

I think we Penn State fans are greedy more then anything else. We wanted the Big Ten regular season championship all to ourselves yet we are forced to share with Minnesota, ughhh. On the other hand, Minnesota fans (and coaches) seem to be the ones with the huge inferiority complex as they constantly try to build up events they are successful at into something more then it is. Out of curiosity, those Minnesota hats and tee shirts they handed out after the PSU match, did they say co-champions on it or was that part forgotten?

The lost their idol with Paterno (I have seen Paterno photos hanging on walls beside a Jesus painting) and have switched it to Cael. Even if Sanderson did do something 100% wrong, 90% of PSU fans would never admit it.

Just say it once Flying-Tiger... congratulations Minnesota on your team victory over Penn State. You won fair and square. See you in March.User avatar

Good luck with that happening headschuk. Now If the Hawks can defeat Wis sunday dam they will have to share with them also such a bad deal for the Lions.

Just say it once Flying-Tiger... congratulations Minnesota on your team victory over Penn State. You won fair and square. See you in March.

Is "fair and square" actually what happened? I know it's been analyzed to death elsewhere, but there was a call that swung the dual that was an inarguable misapplication of a rule that the official admitted immediately following the match. If Dardanes had just finished that shot in bounds, it would have saved us all a lot of grief.

No idea why I get pulled into these discussions. Inferiority complex......give me a break. This board is filled with so much envy and hate towards the Nittany Lions, it is hard to read one thread where it doesn't start up. It goes with the territory. Iowa had to deal with it for far longer than PSU has had to. It is the ultimate compliment, but, those that make threads like this one, just don't realize that they are complimenting PSU.

I think we Penn State fans are greedy more then anything else. We wanted the Big Ten regular season championship all to ourselves yet we are forced to share with Minnesota, ughhh. On the other hand, Minnesota fans (and coaches) seem to be the ones with the huge inferiority complex as they constantly try to build up events they are successful at into something more then it is. Out of curiosity, those Minnesota hats and tee shirts they handed out after the PSU match, did they say co-champions on it or was that part forgotten?

Those hats and shirts were provided by the Big Ten conference. Big Ten will get Penn State (and likely Iowa) the same shirts only different colors.

I must say, as a PSU fan for many years and mostly underachieving years, I understand their excitement to finally field dominating teams. We always hated Iowa but I never thought it was their dominance, it was their fans and any time they lost a match, it was the ref, stalling, injury, or whatever excuse they could conjure up.

I am not an PSU fan anymore as I root for another team for personal reasons. I am happy for their success, but the very things they hated Iowa for, they have become.

Nobody ever beats their guy fair and square...it's the ref, stalling, injury, or whatever fits.

I find it painful to read their forum anymore as it's the worst I've read.

I really try to be objective in any match I watch, and there are a couple examples where you have to scratch your head to wonder if you watched the same match.

Ruth/Dean...Ruth was sick, Dean stalled, and so on. Steiber/Retherford...tell me how that Retherford ride was anything but a ride, objectively.

Watch the Dean/Ruth match and how Dean rode the ankle on every start, then watch the Garrett/Mega match and watch how Mega did the same thing...watch them.

We all look through our own team colored glasses but at some point objectivity and reality has to be a thought.

I just think PSU fans should sit back and appreciate this time and this team with some class, and quit whining about every call in every match.

The reality is your guys will not win every match and sometimes it's because the other guy beat them. Sometimes the calls go the other way but it evens out.

They will win their 4th title this year as it's theirs to lose, but take the good with the bad and move on.

I must say, as a PSU fan for many years and mostly underachieving years, I understand their excitement to finally field dominating teams. We always hated Iowa but I never thought it was their dominance, it was their fans and any time they lost a match, it was the ref, stalling, injury, or whatever excuse they could conjure up.

I am not an PSU fan anymore as I root for another team for personal reasons. I am happy for their success, but the very things they hated Iowa for, they have become.

Nobody ever beats their guy fair and square...it's the ref, stalling, injury, or whatever fits.

I find it painful to read their forum anymore as it's the worst I've read.

I really try to be objective in any match I watch, and there are a couple examples where you have to scratch your head to wonder if you watched the same match.

Ruth/Dean...Ruth was sick, Dean stalled, and so on. Steiber/Retherford...tell me how that Retherford ride was anything but a ride, objectively.

Watch the Dean/Ruth match and how Dean rode the ankle on every start, then watch the Garrett/Mega match and watch how Mega did the same thing...watch them.

We all look through our own team colored glasses but at some point objectivity and reality has to be a thought.

I just think PSU fans should sit back and appreciate this time and this team with some class, and quit whining about every call in every match.

The reality is your guys will not win every match and sometimes it's because the other guy beat them. Sometimes the calls go the other way but it evens out.

They will win their 4th title this year as it's theirs to lose, but take the good with the bad and move on.

PSU fans are irrational? Does that mean I shouldn't buy into their David Taylor is still better than Kyle Dake even though he always loses to him? That was just starting to make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSU fans are irrational? Does that mean I shouldn't buy into their David Taylor is still better than Kyle Dake even though he always loses to him? That was just starting to make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not say Taylor is better......I would say what I said after Q Wright's Freshman year when I got all kinds of flack for saying I was so happy we had Wright and not Andrew Howe. Simply said that after watching Q do his thing watching Howe was like watching paint dry! That is exactly how I compare Taylor and Dake.

Just say it once Flying-Tiger... congratulations Minnesota on your team victory over Penn State. You won fair and square. See you in March.

Is "fair and square" actually what happened? I know it's been analyzed to death elsewhere, but there was a call that swung the dual that was an inarguable misapplication of a rule that the official admitted immediately following the match. If Dardanes had just finished that shot in bounds, it would have saved us all a lot of grief.

Dont know if it was fair and square either... With all the elite PA boys on Penn State and only some second tier, local, upper midwest kids on Minnesota ... shouldnt have been close

The midwest has owned NCAA college wrestling since its inception up until a few years ago when a PA school was finally able to win consistently.

PA is definitely considered the best state for wrestling but just because Penn State has won the last 3 years doesn’t mean we forget about Iowa, Okie State, and Minnesota’s death grip on college wrestling for the past 80 years.

That Midwest kids did just fine all those other years (and continues to do well) at the collegiate level.