Sign in to follow this  
The_Education

Daniel Cormier looking thin

Definitely thin considering how he's looked throughout his MMA career, despite being wildly successful as a bigger man. Can't say I'm a fan of the push, that could've turned really ugly with a less composed opponent. Still cheering hard for Cormier though.

That push, as well their entire beef is fake. They're doing everything they can to save the PPV card. I'm guessing Cormier is getting a PPV cut, so he's trying to do whatever he can to keep people interested. I think that's smart.

If you want to see a real beef, check this out:

That push, as well their entire beef is fake. They're doing everything they can to save the PPV card. I'm guessing Cormier is getting a PPV cut, so he's trying to do whatever he can to keep people interested. I think that's smart.

If you want to see a real beef, check this out:

Zuffa really hasn't gave to many of its guys any PPV points (a cut) so I doubt that a factor here. His relevance at getting/keeing hype for a title fight against Jones maybe more of the issue.

In other MMA news Steve Mocco fought in WSOF Canada last night and lose a close decision after gassing badly late which kind of surprises me. Canadian wrestler Powell was knocked out via head kick in the title fight by Ryan Ford while Roger Alves has better luck with 15 minutes of massive throws on the way to a dominant win.

Why not. Cael did it after a 7 year layoff. For Cormier it would be a 6 year layoff and he still has a couple more good years left. He dominated 211 more so than anyone I can remember in the US. He was much more dominate here than Varner or JD by far and easily could have won the Olympics or worlds with a Varner like draw. So yes I am being for real. We will see if he wrestles these guys live this week. Sure they will post some 2 min goes.

I felt the same way in 08. I really feel for Hahn but I have forgiven him now. He is becoming a celebrity and loves to promote his wrestling roots especially if he beats JOn JOnes! A lot of stars coming to this world cup event. I thought LA was a bad spot but like the venue and it looks like eveything is coming together.

You are comparing Cormier to Cael? that is insane.

Cormier would get mauled by Varner and a bunch of other guys in there.....

I am surprised that USA Wrestling made him this "Honorary" captain and yes, I am still pissed about his act at the Olympics.

I understand being upset at Cormier but I feel for Hahn even to this day but Cormier could be the best fighter in the world and his background is wrestling and he wants to promote it. Cormier was pretty close to Cael once after they left college according to Daniel's blog. Cormier won 7 US opens! Cael only 4. Daniel did say Cael usually got the best of him. He advised he had many close live battles when they were on the team together in 02-04. He did lose to to all-time great Gatsalov three or four times but they were pretty competitive matches being that was Gatsalov's prime. Not so sure Varner or Tervel would maul him. I hope they get some live matches in just for fun.

I hope he chokes on a Big Mac. I really hated how he tried the "oh poor me" crap after he himself almost died after trying to make weight in 2008. How irresponsible do you have to be for that to happen? He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything involving USAW again. Just to clarify, it's not that he missed weight, it's how he did it, by gaining a ton of weight after the trials and basically not giving a damn, then trying to cut back down really quickly and not making it.

You want to grow the sport of wrestling or do you want to hold a grudge? Cant have both. What Cormier does for wrestling after his retirement dwarfs anything anyone in this thread hating on him has done or will ever do.

Wrestling fans are the worst.

Cormier didn't intend to be unable to compete in Beijing, thereby wasting years of training and dreaming. It was a mistake. He could have made money in MMA four years earlier but he didn't because he wanted to compete in Beijing. And instead of feeling bad for the guy, you take shots at him when he uses his self-made celebrity to promote wrestling?

My god. Wrestling fans are some of the douchiest people ever.

I hope he chokes on a Big Mac. I really hated how he tried the "oh poor me" crap after he himself almost died after trying to make weight in 2008. How irresponsible do you have to be for that to happen? He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything involving USAW again. Just to clarify, it's not that he missed weight, it's how he did it, by gaining a ton of weight after the trials and basically not giving a damn, then trying to cut back down really quickly and not making it.

Just to clarify - he did not miss weight.

No one has suffered for his mistake like Cormier himself has. Time to move on.

That said I would take Varner over even a prime Cormier especially in a big match. A healthy motivated Varner is GOOD. Everyone remembers that horrific World Cup where Yazdani torched him (though Varner beat the guy Yaz lost to at the same competition) but that aside Varner wrestled great against the worlds best. Beat Gogchelidze, Tigiev, Aliyev, Akmedov, Kurbanov and so one. Wether he was slightly better or just mentally more prepared, JV won more consistently than DC at the international level.

Just to clarify - he did not miss weight.

You're right he didn't. But making weight caused him to have kidney failure.

I'm sure the local McDonalds loved him though.

Lest we forget Cormier's antics at the 2003 WC in NYC when you pushed Hedhari(Iran) after losing...uncool

Are you serious? Cormier seems to me a highly competitive person that has grown up/disciplined or what ever you want to call it in his quest for the UFC title. He is a HUGE wrestling supporter and IMO a pretty humble guy. Am I happy that he was not this focused when he was competing on the USA National team yes.

Big strong guy. His front head was like a human sized vice. Mentally one of the toughest guys I know. Yeah, made some mistakes (Who hasn't), but he ain't no scum of society. Loves wrestling and is good for the sport moving forward.

I think it is exciting to see him as Captain.