Sign in to follow this  
brianj

New Jersey Wrestlers Scratched From Tournament

I'll go out on a limb and defend these kids ... this was a stupid idea --- the punishment does not fit

Not so long ago, in schools we played a word/letter game called hangman, drew a picture on the blackboard of a gallow, then drew stick figure body parts hanging when a person put guessed a letter incorrectly

Let's not make it something it's not. It was meant to be an executioner scene which is bad enough. The one HS represented by the singlet underneath is from a very white area. I think Paulsboro (the other school represented) had one or two black starters, so there was no reason to make it about race. And try putting on a hoodie sometime, I have a Super 32 one I wear a lot, when I throw the hood up, it goes to a point for no apparent reason.

Let's not make it something it's not. It was meant to be an executioner scene which is bad enough. The one HS represented by the singlet underneath is from a very white area. I think Paulsboro (the other school represented) had one or two black starters, so there was no reason to make it about race. And try putting on a hoodie sometime, I have a Super 32 one I wear a lot, when I throw the hood up, it goes to a point for no apparent reason.

Look at the picture again. You are trying to tell me that those hoods just happened to look that way by accident ? If so............. :lol:

Look at the picture again. You are trying to tell me that those hoods just happened to look that way by accident ? If so............. :lol:

I'm saying I threw my hoodie on and it looked like that. But I'm also saying that look is an executioner look not a KKK look. I don't know any of the kids involved so I know nothing of them but given the two schools involved by means of clothing on the dummy there is no particular black membership in their teams so why would they even think of going there with a racist statement?

No need to pile on. They were kids, stupid and unsportsmanlike but let's keep it at what it was.

I'm saying I threw my hoodie on and it looked like that. But I'm also saying that look is an executioner look not a KKK look. I don't know any of the kids involved so I know nothing of them but given the two schools involved by means of clothing on the dummy there is no particular black membership in their teams so why would they even think of going there with a racist statement?

No need to pile on. They were kids, stupid and unsportsmanlike but let's keep it at what it was.

If you look at their hoods, they have orange cones underneath, intentionally making them stand up. It wasn't a coincidence where a kid through his hoodie on and it happened to stick up.

Stupid, childish immature absolutely. Racist I'm not so sure. Young high schoolers are far less racist than most grown ups realize and I'm hoping the investigation proves they were not racists. That said, this is still the United States of America. If we follow the law we investigate and if found guilty we pronounce judgment and sentence. As usual folks, on both sides of the issue, have jumped to conclusion based on their own prejudices, without even a smidgeon of investigation. The accused have been judged guilty in the uninformed public opinion and not even given a chance to explain their thinking. On top of that they have been sentenced with no due process. Here's a thought maybe it was photo shopped. Not very likely but entirely possible

Remember the Duke lacrosse player incident. Definitely stupid but hardly racist and it took a few years to discover most of the facts. Few came on to excoriate the hooker and her lying or the University, police, media and St. proscecutor for their very wrongly drawn conclusions. Dead silence from the race baiters. Pretty sad stuff.