Sign in to follow this  
Alyosha

National Preps

Wyoming Seminary with a 28 point lead going into the semifinals over Blair. May be the year Blair's run ends

Wyoming Seminary wins the overall team points race at the Prep Nationals, while Blair (inspite of 5 finalists, 3 champions and 11 placers in the top 6) settles for the overall runner-up and the "High School Team" title -- which means that they had the most points by a participating team that did not use any post-graduates or 5th-year wrestlers. Wyoming Seminary, who inserted three PG/5th-year wrestlers into their line-up, became the first team to score more overall points than Blair at the Prep Nationals in 34 years. This ends one of the most remarkable runs by a high school in any sport (33 straight national tournament titles).

Tough to get the job done without Dempsey (any info on how bad injury is?)McKenna,shownumi,coover(no clearance) good season for bucs, should still end #1 beating sem. At Ironman,Beast,and head to head. I tip my hat to Sem. Kids and coaches. They will be very strong the next few years.

Just so I'm clear. Some of the kids wrestling at preps are actually one year graduated from high school?

Some might be. Neither Blair nor Sem had any this year. Sem had 3 reclasses as some of the coaches call them. Generally means they repeat a year so their 5th year is as an undergraduate.

Neither Sem nor Blair use 5th year or PG wrestlers against the publics.

Just so I'm clear. Some of the kids wrestling at preps are actually one year graduated from high school?

Some might be. Neither Blair nor Sem had any this year. Sem had 3 reclasses as some of the coaches call them. Generally means they repeat a year so their 5th year is as an undergraduate.

Gimp, correct me if I am wrong, but I did not see any 8th grade or PGs there this year from any school. Was it only 9-12?

Gimp, correct me if I am wrong, but I did not see any 8th grade or PGs there this year from any school. Was it only 9-12?

Correct. The board ruled against allowing them in within the last couple of years.