Sign in to follow this  
Nitter

Taylor questionable for All-Star meet

It looks definitely still on.. Chatter between the two a few hours ago:

‏

Dake: oh hey I call the red singlet for the allstar match...red makes my butt look good

Taylor: good thing I call dibs on the blue one nighthawk

Dake: I figured that you would want that one anyway

Taylor: hopefully NWCA thinks the same thing

Here's some more chatter that was picked up:

Taylor: I hope my back is ok for Sat night...lol

Dake: Dude, quit trying to find excuses

Taylor: J/K, I should be there...unless I hurt my back again haha

Dake: Excuses, excuses

Taylor: Did you watch Ellen yesterday?

Dake: Yep, dat was hilarious

Taylor: Going night, night. Later

Dake: sweet ass-kicking dreams

It is fair to say that both of these selfless and extraordinary young men have only one agenda here: to advance their beloved sport. It is doubtful that either one of them really cares about what a win or loss in this match will do to their "careers". At the same time, I am quite sure that both of them want to win more anything else. Neither would miss this match for anything.

It will be a match for the ages! To see how they approach one another after the whistle blows will be spectacular.

Godspeed to them both!

Kyle was extremely complementary of Taylor Sunday at a Coaches Clinic, no surprise there.

He also is complimentary of pretty much any wrestler out there.

Great Q and A with him from a small group of coaches and he was very candid and honest about everything from wrestling Burroughs to his upcoming match with DT and his weights.

Too bad the occasional fan has to get in the way.

Lord - are you able to share any insights on Kyle's convo .... for example, how'd things go with Burroughs? Any insights that were developed through the Olympic cycle?

I am not going to go into too much because I have known Kyle for a long time and respect him being as candid as he was.

As far as Burroughs he thinks very highly of him, and got a glimpse into what I consider the same type of athlete that he already is. A great athlete and wrestler with extreme confidence in his own abilities and having humility at the same time.

Training with others from around the world: confidence confidence confidence

Believes that every style is its own art

I am sorry I can't give any real fodder but he didn't provide anything but class and respect.

I happen to think Dake wins but it won't be like the freestyle match. I see it very close. My question is this: If Taylor wins and follows up with wins over Dake at the scuffle, will Dake drop to 157 to give himself a better chance of getting his 4th or will he try to get it over Taylor at 165? Thoughts?

I happen to think Dake wins but it won't be like the freestyle match. I see it very close. My question is this: If Taylor wins and follows up with wins over Dake at the scuffle, will Dake drop to 157 to give himself a better chance of getting his 4th or will he try to get it over Taylor at 165? Thoughts?
IMO No, Dake is to much of a Warrior to do that. The Odds on Dake loosing Three Matches this Yr to Anyone has to be 100000 - 1 ;)

IMO No, Dake is to much of a Warrior to do that. The Odds on Dake loosing Three Matches this Yr to Anyone has to be 100000 - 1 ;)

Agree on the warrior part,

Kyle has never ducked anyone ever.

As a coach I thought it was crazy of him in HS to go 130 his junior year when he would've walked through 125. That is why Kyle is who he is and I am a schlep who posts on a forum.

Unless Koll gets on him to go 157, he will stay.

Agree on the warrior part,

Kyle has never ducked anyone ever.

As a coach I thought it was crazy of him in HS to go 130 his junior year when he would've walked through 125. That is why Kyle is who he is and I am a schlep who posts on a forum.

Unless Koll gets on him to go 157, he will stay.

100% agree. If Dake ends up at 157 this season, I would not at all say it was to avoid Taylor. Furthermore, if this particular situation occurred (or one similar), there is no way he would drop down! And this is coming from a Taylor fan...Dake is too good and at too high of a level to do something like this. I am sure he would much rather go after the best possible and have a chance to lose than drop down and most likely walk through.

The other thing that gets lost here is the quality of Derek St. John.

I think people assume that Dake would "walk" or DT would "walk" at 157 but DSJ

is a high quality wrestler and you have to assume his health is better this year.

He had very competitive matches with DT as a freshman and wrestled tough last year.

He is solid and could be as underrated a wrestler as there is in the country. And, he is ranked 1st.