Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Another Shakeup at 285

Good thread title. I much prefer the way you presented this thread than stating the score in the subject line. I also agree that #1 has been the kiss of death this year. I believe 9 out of 10 weights have had a number one fall.

Howe has been #1 all season in Intermat rankings.

The top ranked guys in each weight class on Oct 8th were Delgado, Ramos, Stieber, Maple, St John, Taylor, Howe, Ruth, Meeks and Nelson.

Correct. Here is an excerpt from OSU's match notes prior to Bedlam I.

Eight of the OSU's 10 potential starters are ranked among the top 20 in the nation at their respective weight classes in at least one poll, including a No. 1 ranking for 174-pound defending national champion Chris Perry from Amateur Wrestling News and WIN Magazine.

OU also has eight of its starters ranked in the top 20 at their weight classes. Andrew Howe, the 174-pounder for the Sooners, carries the No. 1 ranking in the Intermat poll, but chimes in at No. 2 according to Amateur Wrestling and WIN Magazine.

That oct line-up with the exception of Maple, Meets and Nelson will probably work and Nelson is no one to bet against. BTW I was touting a Gwiz-Telford final a few weeks back and mentioned that Nelson and McMullan were being given a free ride with the seeding. Not that my homeboy Bobby T has been wrestling like 1-0 is good enough for him I'm leery of my projection. I'm happy to finally see some risk takers at the top of the hwt pile. If a couple of those guys would wrestle as they are capable it would not only be more exciting but I think they would do a bit better. It seems to me that many of the coaches are still in the old "fat boy" hwt model. Most of these youngsters are far more athletic and can actually turn the corner, these days.