Sign in to follow this  
grapplefan

UNI - Undefeated Dual Season

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/wrestling/uni-wrestlers-pull-off-undefeated-dual-season/article_705de127-b6ef-54d2-8599-d0a4acfced6c.html

Congratulations to the UNI Panthers for being the ONLY Division I team with an undefeated dual season this year.

Are you a UNI fan? I see you comment about them a lot this year.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/wrestling/uni-wrestlers-pull-off-undefeated-dual-season/article_705de127-b6ef-54d2-8599-d0a4acfced6c.html

Congratulations to the UNI Panthers for being the ONLY Division I team with an undefeated dual season this year.

Are you a UNI fan? I see you comment about them a lot this year.

Ban, I support ALL teams from Iowa, perhaps some a bit more than others. UNI is a close second for me. Oddly, it's the only one of the big universities in Iowa where I didn't take a class.

Doug Schwab has done a remarkable job at UNI. Isn't this his third season? Amazing what the right coach can do.

I think his fourth season, with just over half of the starters being exclusively his own recruits.

Funny how just before last season people were already beginning to hint that he was continuing the tradition of (my favorite stupid quote), "running this storied program into the ground!," but no longer does he seem to be doing that in the eyes of the coaching experts on rasslin forums. :roll:

Doug Schwab has done a remarkable job at UNI. Isn't this his third season? Amazing what the right coach can do.

I think his fourth season, with just over half of the starters being exclusively his own recruits.

Funny how just before last season people were already beginning to hint that he was continuing the tradition of (my favorite stupid quote), "running this storied program into the ground!," but no longer does he seem to be doing that in the eyes of the coaching experts on rasslin forums. :roll:

I have said it many times on here but I never judge a new coach on their performance until I have five seasons to look at. You need to give every coach five seasons to be able to tell if they are a good fit. Sadly, if they are a bad fit it could be a few years too many but there are many times when a program will take a step back under a new staff just to leap forward.

I have enjoyed watching UNI's progress.

I have been following UNI all season and i must say that they are one of my favorite programs to watch. They wrestle hard for 7 minutes and bring it with an "in your face style" that i believe has long surpassed their in state rivals that wear the black and gold. I would place them as the most physical team right now. Just my opinion of course.

Yes, and Kevin Jackson got a whopping one season under his belt before the screams of him, "running this storied program into the ground!" began. :lol:

One season? I seem to recall people complaining that he ran the program into the ground before the kids were back in school his first year.

Rating by the same standard as we seem to rank wrestlers, UNI is the Dual Champion. LoL I think UNI under Schwab has made remarkable progress and an undefeated season is nothing to sneeze at. Here is dual schedule. It looks like a fairly competitive out of conf. group. Funny how many were wondering about HC Schwab in prior years. Way to go Doug!! Keep in mind at least 7 will be back next season. Idk if Colon, Lazor and Loder are RSSR or on the way to graduation

11/23 NDSU DeKalb

11/30 Wisc. HomeJanuary 4th-Buffalo @ Buffalo, New York

January 5th-Eastern Michigan @ Ypsilanti, Michigan

January 11th-Central Michigan @ Home

January 19th-Oklahoma @ Norman, Oklahoma

January 24th-Missouri @ Home

February 1st-Ohio, South Dakota State @ Home

February 7th-Iowa State @ Home

February 9th-Kent State @ Home

February 16th-Purdue @ Home

February 23rd-Old Dominion @ Norfolk, Virginia

Rating by the same standard as we seem to rank wrestlers, UNI is the Dual Champion. LoL I think UNI under Schwab has made remarkable progress and an undefeated season is nothing to sneeze at. Here is dual schedule. It looks like a fairly competitive out of conf. group. Funny how many were wondering about HC Schwab in prior years. Way to go Doug!! Keep in mind at least 7 will be back next season. Idk if Colon, Lazor and Loder are RSSR or on the way to graduation

11/23 NDSU DeKalb

11/30 Wisc. HomeJanuary 4th-Buffalo @ Buffalo, New York

January 5th-Eastern Michigan @ Ypsilanti, Michigan

January 11th-Central Michigan @ Home

January 19th-Oklahoma @ Norman, Oklahoma

January 24th-Missouri @ Home

February 1st-Ohio, South Dakota State @ Home

February 7th-Iowa State @ Home

February 9th-Kent State @ Home

February 16th-Purdue @ Home

February 23rd-Old Dominion @ Norfolk, Virginia

All three are gone next year. We'll have a good team next year, but THIS YEAR was the one that us lifelong UNI fans had been forecasting and talking about.

Next year's team will be solid, but it ain't no 2013-2014 team.

Ban, have some confidence that Schwab will bring some guys along, and recruits will pan out. Colon, Loder and Lazor will be hard to replace, but have some faith. UNI is my second favorite team (I went there to wrestle, but things happened) and I almost always root for them in matches not against the Hawkeyes. They've been more fun to watch than Iowa lately. I called the Colon/Ramos match at Midlands, although I hated to acyually see it. I hope to see a rematch at NCAAs.

Ban, have some confidence that Schwab will bring some guys along, and recruits will pan out. Colon, Loder and Lazor will be hard to replace, but have some faith. UNI is my second favorite team (I went there to wrestle, but things happened) and I almost always root for them in matches not against the Hawkeyes. They've been more fun to watch than Iowa lately. I called the Colon/Ramos match at Midlands, although I hated to acyually see it. I hope to see a rematch at NCAAs.

No need to worry about my faith in UNI: I had it and never wavered on it during the leanest of the lean years.

However, and with that said, there's no escaping the fact that next year's team will not be quite as good as this year's team. That's just a simple fact, and not a reflection of how much faith I have in UNI.

UNI will be a little weaker tournament wise but about the same dual meet wise next year.

We ain't finishing undefeated, I can tell you that. Yes, we'll likely dual with Iowa next year, but even barring that dual, the team won't be the same dual team as this one was.

A good team, yes, but it ain't no 2013-2014 team.