Sign in to follow this  
grapplefan

UNI - Undefeated Dual Season

UNI will be a little weaker tournament wise but about the same dual meet wise next year.

We ain't finishing undefeated, I can tell you that. Yes, we'll likely dual with Iowa next year, but even barring that dual, the team won't be the same dual team as this one was.

A good team, yes, but it ain't no 2013-2014 team.

Of course UNI may not go undefeated next year because the schedule is not going to be the same but I think if it was they would be undefeated again. Wolfensberger (sp) will take Colon place just fine dual meet wise. Schwab is doing very well recruiting IMO they will continue to build depth in their line up there will not be a big drop off if any next year JMO.

Ban, maybe you can answer a question for me. I asked several UNI students and wrestling supporters at the Midlands, and no one knew the answer.

Is the Patten kid in the lineup this year related to former coach Chuck Patten? Since it's spelled the same and he's at UNI, I assumed he is, but haven't been able to confirm it.

Coach Patten is a great guy and was an excellent coach. I learned more in the UNI room under his coaching than I did in three years of High School and a year and a half of Jr. high, plus a fair amount of freestyle.

He was also a great commentator when on IPTV in the 80s. Would love to know how he's doing.

Ban, maybe you can answer a question for me. I asked several UNI students and wrestling supporters at the Midlands, and no one knew the answer.

Is the Patten kid in the lineup this year related to former coach Chuck Patten? Since it's spelled the same and he's at UNI, I assumed he is, but haven't been able to confirm it.

Coach patten is a great guy and was an excellent coach. I learned more in the UNI room under his coaching than I did in three years of High School and a year and a half of Jr. high, plus a fair amount of freestyle.

He was also a great commentator when on IPTV in the 80s. Would love to know how he's doing.

Sorry to say, but I also don't know the answer to that one. I'm really more of just a fan, and much less of an insider into the program.

Patten was a big player in the UNI coaching history, and, was, unfortunately, before any of my time that I began following the program.