Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

Intermat issues apology

On Lowe's Twitter yesterday he call PSU "Ped State" and Michigan "SCUM". Not a good idea for somebody representing a site that is trying to sell their services to these two fan bases.

BS

1- it's his personal account

2- it's football

too much sensitivity. Can't imagine more than 20 people saw it. sadly for Josh, one of them must've been Cael.

Bucksman (Lowe) is a horrible ambassador for the sport anyways. He shouldn't be allowed to write about wrestling anyways.

He's dedicated, he's thorough, he's unbiased and always on the road watching the sport. He is approachable, answers criticism and works hard for what I'm sure is a paltry paycheck

yeah, he sucks

When he posted those things "Intermat- Josh Lowe" was the name he was tweeting with. He has since changed it. There are multiple threads on the PSU wrestling sites discussing it. I'm guessing there were at least a few hundred folks that have seen his "work" and let Intermat know about it.

Bucksman (Lowe) is a horrible ambassador for the sport anyways. He shouldn't be allowed to write about wrestling anyways.

That's BS, Josh Lowe had forgot more about HS Wrestling than U will ever know. Keep Up the Great Work Josh, I for One Enjoy Ur Work {Guess Josh didn't Rank Ur Kid to High, tell Him to Work Harder}

When he posted those things "Intermat- Josh Lowe" was the name he was tweeting with. He has since changed it. There are multiple threads on the PSU wrestling sites discussing it. I'm guessing there were at least a few hundred folks that have seen his "work" and let Intermat know about it.

witch hunt. He shouldn't have tweeted it, but it isn't that big a deal. penn staters just looking for someone to lash out at because they are embarrassed by the recent scandals at their school

That's BS, Josh Lowe had forgot more about HS Wrestling than U will ever know. Keep Up the Great Work Josh, I for One Enjoy Ur Work {Guess Josh didn't Rank Ur Kid to High, tell Him to Work Harder}

i would know who the poster is before you call them out like this. lowe is great at crunching numbers and compiling stats, but often shows a limited understanding of technique and fails to use proper wrestling terminology.

i would know who the poster is before you call them out like this. lowe is great at crunching numbers and compiling stats, but often shows a limited understanding of technique and fails to use proper wrestling terminology.

examples?

examples?

i apologize for not using a notebook or documenting the comments in a word or excel document to provide as evidence on a message board. it is just something that started to bother me as i followed his tweets and read his stuff over the years. the problem is, he is one of the few people who are paid to cover events and sometimes his results are the only results being published in real-time. so i continue to read his free material and get more annoyed it's all the wrestling community has in coverage options. anytime someone scrambles out of a situation he "houdini'd" out. if the kids were all performing the "houdini" i would think this was good coverage. however, the wrestlers are actually performing moves out of the scramble situation that could better explain the action.

For what it is worth, I haven't seen anybody accuse him of being a witch based on his comments.

no, but we've all seen YOU call for his job. guys like you are ok with Andrew Long "mistakes", but want to see a kid like Josh Lowe lose his job making a joke on his personal account.

the next time josh Lowe sexually assaults a middle aged mom, let me know

Check and mate

For what it is worth, I haven't seen anybody accuse him of being a witch based on his comments.

no, but we've all seen YOU call for his job. guys like you are ok with Andrew Long "mistakes", but want to see a kid like Josh Lowe lose his job making a joke on his personal account.

Josh- what you need to understand as a member of the wrestling media is that your employer depends on members of all the teams' fans to make the business a success. If you should decide to continue working in the news industry, you'll need to be more aware of the impact of the things you post on the internet. Good luck in your future.

For those of you out there that followed the PhoneDog law suit you know that there can be a fine line between whether a twitter account is actually yours, if used in your employment capacities. Typically having the employer name or information in your account means that you are using your employed position and status to attract followers.

This is a new phenomenon and most people don't realize it.

With that said...

Was it tactless? Yes, no doubt.

Should people boycott Intermat? No.

Intermat should deal with this internally. If there is a history of these behaviors and they are not corrected, then people should consider boycotting.

Josh- what you need to understand as a member of the wrestling media is that your employer depends on members of all the teams' fans to make the business a success. If you should decide to continue working in the news industry, you'll need to be more aware of the impact of the things you post on the internet. Good luck in your future.

Please post some links from Josh Lowe's professional career where he cast PSU wrestling in a negative light. Even remotely so. Can you do it?

anytime someone scrambles out of a situation he "houdini'd" out. if the kids were all performing the "houdini" i would think this was good coverage. however, the wrestlers are actually performing moves out of the scramble situation that could better explain the action.

We feel your pain.

examples?

i apologize for not using a notebook or documenting the comments in a word or excel document to provide as evidence on a message board. it is just something that started to bother me as i followed his tweets and read his stuff over the years. the problem is, he is one of the few people who are paid to cover events and sometimes his results are the only results being published in real-time. so i continue to read his free material and get more annoyed it's all the wrestling community has in coverage options. anytime someone scrambles out of a situation he "houdini'd" out. if the kids were all performing the "houdini" i would think this was good coverage. however, the wrestlers are actually performing moves out of the scramble situation that could better explain the action.

in other words, nothing

examples?

in other words, nothing

you dont have to remember all the dumb s... someone says to know they say dumb s... i did give one example and you can try to spin the response anyway that fits your argument. i find it very painful to read his wrestling analysis and you enjoy it. we disagree. you can continue to pay for your analysis from intermat and i will keep doing my own. my original comment was to olderfan about josh forgetting more about wrestling than the poster ever knew. unless olderfan knows silver i might not go that far. i stick by my feelings that lowe is great at stat compiling and number crunchy, but is limited when analyzing technique and breaking down the action in a match.

"Please post some links from Josh Lowe's professional career where he cast PSU wrestling in a negative light. Even remotely so. Can you do it?"

I haven't followed your professional career Josh. After Rev and Intermat merged I allowed my subscription to expire. I can however post a link to your twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=JLowe_intermat