Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

Intermat issues apology

Josh made the mistake of using his Intermat twitter handle while engaging in some childish name calling during the football games. He just needs to use a different twitter account for his personal stuff. It's easily correctable.

Josh is a fine writer and truly unbiased when it comes to his analysis and rankings. He is not a warm and fuzzy sort.

"Please post some links from Josh Lowe's professional career where he cast PSU wrestling in a negative light. Even remotely so. Can you do it?"

I haven't followed your professional career Josh. After Rev and Intermat merged I allowed my subscription to expire. I can however post a link to your twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=JLowe_intermat

In other words, nothing

What bothers way more than these dumb tweets is our wrestling media's recent need to take pot shots at each other.

Willie Saylor tweeted this evening: "haha. ticking time bomb exploded. bye bye intercrap." ... and a second time, "and the downward spiral continues. haha"

[highlight=#f5f5f5][/highlight]Great, now we've got one "respected" journalist actually publicly advocating/pulling for the demise of another outlet. How is that helping our sport? Oh, you feel like they slighted you? Get over it. It's not about you.

You guys need to grow up, check your egos and act professionally. YOU are not the news, so don't make it about you... just report the news. It's disgusting they way you're all acting now. Get over yourselves.

Bucksman (Lowe) is a horrible ambassador for the sport anyways. He shouldn't be allowed to write about wrestling anyways.

He's dedicated, he's thorough, he's unbiased and always on the road watching the sport. He is approachable, answers criticism and works hard for what I'm sure is a paltry paycheck

yeah, he sucks

This coming the most biased Cael hater on these boards. Everything you post about Penn state or Cael is immediately thrown out due to subjectivity.

What Lowe posted was stupid and ill-advised, but have you read the "Twitter feed" (Which is not actually Mr. Lowe's Twitter feed, just a search on anyone mentioning Lowe in their Tweets) that Messr. Nazium so proudly posted for us, you will see some of the Penn State faithful firing back with vulgarity and threats of physical violence.

I'm no Intermat shill, but this seems more like a moment of stupidity, not necessarily a fire-able offense, and that some of the people calling for a man's job should take a look at some of what's going on in their own house.

Also, there are those of us who saw some of the things Cael Sanderson was posting on Twitter before he quickly deleted them regarding the NCAA sanctions. So, glass houses and all that.

People in notable positions should be smart enough to realize what to and what to not put in perminate print on any media that is noticeable by a large quantity of people. Most would say a college coach fits this description, I guess it's up to the public to decide if a wrestling journalist is a notable position.

Sockobuw,

An interesting question, I've thought about.

How much technique do your local newspaper reporters know? Long time Cleveland Plain Dealer wrestling writers have struggled when it comes to actually describing action in their reporting. That doesn't stop them from having an great appeciation and love for the sport, which they are paid to cover.

There are other examples of high profile media people (tv and print AND internet) involved in the sport who never wrestled. That's with involvment ranging from live coverage, to recaps, to national rankings, through national organizational administration.

I can understand preferring experienced former wrestlers in those positions, but questions about willingness/desire and sheer professional ability arise.

Your criticism had some merit, as far as it goes.

Bucksman (Lowe) is a horrible ambassador for the sport anyways. He shouldn't be allowed to write about wrestling anyways.

He's dedicated, he's thorough, he's unbiased and always on the road watching the sport. He is approachable, answers criticism and works hard for what I'm sure is a paltry paycheck

yeah, he sucks

This coming the most biased Cael hater on these boards. Everything you post about Penn state or Cael is immediately thrown out due to subjectivity.

if it makes you feel better.

nothing "subjective" about the Long stuff. Convicted, forever tarnishing the first team title at PSU

What Lowe posted was stupid and ill-advised, but have you read the "Twitter feed" (Which is not actually Mr. Lowe's Twitter feed, just a search on anyone mentioning Lowe in their Tweets) that Messr. Nazium so proudly posted for us, you will see some of the Penn State faithful firing back with vulgarity and threats of physical violence.

I'm no Intermat shill, but this seems more like a moment of stupidity, not necessarily a fire-able offense, and that some of the people calling for a man's job should take a look at some of what's going on in their own house.

Also, there are those of us who saw some of the things Cael Sanderson was posting on Twitter before he quickly deleted them regarding the NCAA sanctions. So, glass houses and all that.

exactly

I can't believe Nazium posted that as evidence that he was in the RIGHT?

Sockobuw,

An interesting question, I've thought about.

How much technique do your local newspaper reporters know? Long time Cleveland Plain Dealer wrestling writers have struggled when it comes to actually describing action in their reporting. That doesn't stop them from having an great appeciation and love for the sport, which they are paid to cover.

There are other examples of high profile media people (tv and print AND internet) involved in the sport who never wrestled. That's with involvment ranging from live coverage, to recaps, to national rankings, through national organizational administration.

I can understand preferring experienced former wrestlers in those positions, but questions about willingness/desire and sheer professional ability arise.

Your criticism had some merit, as far as it goes.

Wrestling has the macho thing going on though. Guys like Josh and SHP get ridiculed because they never wrestled, even though they devote their life to covering our sport.

Don't you know how tough we are?

If Cosell, or Costas wanted to cover wrestling we'd reject them because they don't have cauliflower ear.

and we wonder why we are such an easy target.

What bothers way more than these dumb tweets is our wrestling media's recent need to take pot shots at each other.

Willie Saylor tweeted this evening: "haha. ticking time bomb exploded. bye bye intercrap." ... and a second time, "and the downward spiral continues. haha"

[highlight=#f5f5f5][/highlight]Great, now we've got one "respected" journalist actually publicly advocating/pulling for the demise of another outlet. How is that helping our sport? Oh, you feel like they slighted you? Get over it. It's not about you.

You guys need to grow up, check your egos and act professionally. YOU are not the news, so don't make it about you... just report the news. It's disgusting they way you're all acting now. Get over yourselves.

true story. Willie is bitter about the way he was treated by intermat, but he should know better

"true story. Willie is bitter about the way he was treated by intermat, but he should know better"

Is the "stage" going to become a third venue at the Ironman?

no

Josh is very non confrontational. He was a Buckeye fan making widely told jokes about rival schools. He already had to endure the absolutely hateful things Preusse and co used to say about him when he started out- he will just go and do his job.

Willie's issue isn't with Bucksman- it's with Foley.

I was reading Josh's tweets on Saturday as the games were being played. I thought some of them--the college football ones--were childish but didn't even think about the fact he was doing it as an intermat staff member. It was a silly but honest--and easily correctable--mistake.

Josh Lowe has risen from just another forum poster to a nationally recognized wrestling ranker/analyst. That's because he is intellectually gifted and honest. We would be silly to run him off.

Here you go Gullermo: Lowe posted TWO false commitments in the past 30 days that had to be withdrawn after wrestlers and families got involved. If that's not incompetence, not sure what is. Combine that with piss poor judgment on his twitter feed and yes, most businesses would at least consider firing an employee.

Vak, comparing anything Sanderson tweeted with what Low said is absurd. The fact you don't quote CS shows you are being disingenuous and simply acting as a bitter Iowa fan trying to throw Sanderson in a negative light.

Here you go Gullermo: Lowe posted TWO false commitments in the past 30 days that had to be withdrawn after wrestlers and families got involved. If that's not incompetence, not sure what is. Combine that with piss poor judgment on his twitter feed and yes, most businesses would at least consider firing an employee.

Vak, comparing anything Sanderson tweeted with what Low said is absurd. The fact you don't quote CS shows you are being disingenuous and simply acting as a bitter Iowa fan trying to throw Sanderson in a negative light.

Who were the two commitments?

and again, it's not incompetence, it's bias against PSU wrestling we are looking for. It doesn't exist.

Willie has also posted falsehoods over on Flo, only to remove them days later without any sort of acknowledgement. Specific example: Ben Whitford was not firm in his Michigan commitment over the summer and looking around/talking to Central Michigan. So, I wouldn't go suggesting that Lowe is alone there.

As far as Cael's tweets on the day of the sanctions, here they are:

"Given wrong medicine in deathly high doses from wrong people for an illness already healed, time to show strength."

"The guilty have/ are being delt with legally. Victims being helped."

"guilty r bein punished legally.Victims r bein helpd/supported as much as possible. Punishing innocent2make exampl=wrong"

"it's always easy to point fingers and condemn from the outside, most average people do. Congrats on being average."

All were deleted ... then if I remember, he asked fans some question and retweeted responses for an hour to try to bury those ill-advised comments.

Good Post Vack, I think this all started with Foley's attack on Flo which IMO was uncalled for Bit I believe that "Two Wrongs Make a Right" all this BS should Stop

Here is one of them. Remember, this is abused children we are talking about and heavy efforts to cover up the abuse while it was still going on. You'd think someone within the Athletic Department would be more sensitive than this:

http://i47.tinypic.com/1xa8m.jpg

Well said Mr. Burns. I don't get why someone from another site would say such things. The reality is, Mr. Saylor seems very jealous of anyone who does a better job than him. Which is most everyone out there in my opinion. & in MyAnd in fact, if Mr. Saylor's alleged previous legal problems ever came out to the rest of the wrestling world, what Mr. Lowe did would pale in comparison. I don't think Saylor would have a job if people knew of said alleged incident.

& In My Opinion Fast Numnutz U R A F'en Ass-Hole & have been ever since U started Posting on here