Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

Intermat issues apology

Interesting to note that Josh Lowe's intermat feed had at least five references to Michigan as scUM.

Yet no one from Michigan responded or threatened him.

Why would Michigan fan ignore Lowe while numerous PSU fans went beserk?

michigan has a culture similar to other big ten schools where they know they are an elite school and athletic program and have fun with the rivalries. yes, some michigan people take it over the edge just like other places but most just have fun with it.

at psu it is not a question of poking fun at the school it is spoiling the name of paterno who many still see as a god.

different cultures. add in caels drones and it is even worse.

Interesting to note that Josh Lowe's intermat feed had at least five references to Michigan as scUM.

Yet no one from Michigan responded or threatened him.

Why would Michigan fan ignore Lowe while numerous PSU fans went beserk?

silver-medal. Do you really feel calling a school/people scum is offensive? I mean, seriously, what is wrong with that?

I find it kind of sad that this topic has generated more posts and interest in a day then most of the wrestling-related topics have in a week.

Wrestling hasn't quite started yet, and this thread touches on unfinished business. I suspect there might exist some folks out, somewhere, there who share the following opinion (or some of it and at least subconsciously):

The entire Penn St. situation was mishandled from start-to-finish.

Penn State should have suffered some suspended accreditations, and the flow of MY TAX DOLLARS into their coffers should have been interrupted. Instead they lose some athletic scholarships. INSANE.

Allegations involve the highest levels of the university administration. It's not funny in any respect.

At least the victims and families can get past Penn State's "corrective" actions and the mindless involvement of the NCAA, and pursue civil redress.

Obviously jokes are inappropriate for multiple reasons.

Just my opinion.

Trust me, my friend.. the penn state community is more appalled by Sandusky's actions and are grieving more for the victims and their families than you could ever feel yourself. You have no clue how much these victims have suffered, but the tone of many of the posters is one of a "sick" happiness that this has happened to Penn State University. It's disgusting.

The tone of many of the posters is one of a "sick" happiness that this has happened to Penn State University. It's disgusting.

Sounds as if you describing schadenfreude, which is defined as "delighting in the misfortune of others."

According to Wikepedia, there have been a number of scientific studies of this phenomenon. Some of the findings include the following:

[*:33mqjpya]People with low self-esteem are more likely to feel schadenfreude than are people who have high self-esteem.

[*:33mqjpya]Brain-scanning studies show that schadenfreude is correlated with envy in subjects.

Wikepedia also points out that the philosopher Schopenhuer mentioned schadenfreude as the most evil sin of human feeling, famously saying "to feel envy is human, to savor schadenfreude is devlish."

Willie has also posted falsehoods over on Flo, only to remove them days later without any sort of acknowledgement. Specific example: Ben Whitford was not firm in his Michigan commitment over the summer and looking around/talking to Central Michigan. So, I wouldn't go suggesting that Lowe is alone there.

that's not what the story said. and it wasn't posted as news. that story was posted in the Rumor Mill column. big difference. and there is/was truth to the story. i didn't have to take it down, but someone requested that i did and i obliged.

My issue with Bucksman and the other "experts" who trash and pick apart kids as grown adults (and this only pertains to those who never competed) is that they have no idea how hard any of these kids work, what goes on in their lives on a daily basis, or what goes through their heads. To sit around and trash kids (which is exactly what Lowe does on the forums) is absolutely sickening. What makes it worse is that he never competed, so he has no idea what he is talking about. Great at crunching numbers, some would say savant, but has no clue what it takes to get at the level that the kids he talks about get to.

BTW, My kid is 10 years old and only dabbles in wrestling. So my issue does not lie with any rankings or vendettas.