Sign in to follow this  
jammen

Biggest choke job

If Penn State doesn't win the NCAA's this year will it be the all-time biggest choke job or worst coaching ever?

Look at this roster composed of overall national hs recruiting rankings per PSU site:

1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5.

We know that Minnesota develops talent; Chris Dardanes 81st, Steinhaus 86th, Schiller 78th, Nelson 49th etc. But even looking at Iowa's all time best teams I find nothing that can even come close to this stockpiling of talent that Penn State has assembled.

If Penn State doesn't win the NCAA's this year will it be the all-time biggest choke job or worst coaching ever?

Look at this roster composed of overall national hs recruiting rankings per PSU site:

1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5.

We know that Minnesota develops talent; Chris Dardanes 81st, Steinhaus 86th, Schiller 78th, Nelson 49th etc. But even looking at Iowa's all time best teams I find nothing that can even come close to this stockpiling of talent that Penn State has assembled.

Do people get antsy for tournament time or just get dumber? :roll:

http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/Team

rankings are pretty clear Minnesota is the best team and penn state is the best collection of individuals in a tournament

maybe one of these years penn state will finish a season without losing to another team one on one

The only thing that the rankings show is that Minnesota is considered the best dual meet team. And even they couldn't even finish the season without losing "one on one" to a team PSU beat handily. On a side note I'm not sure 20 guys competing against each other is considered one on one.

I guarantee PSU LOVES Minnesota being the favorites.

maybe one of these years penn state will finish a season without losing to another team one on one

And maybe one of these years we'll be able to say that about some other team too, like Minnesota, Cornell, Iowa, anyone else in the country ...etc.

Since this is a fact, I will grant you that Penn State has been closer to running the table than anyone else the past few years, which is what your post implied. :D

And maybe one of these years we'll be able to say that about some other team too, like Minnesota, Cornell, Iowa, anyone else in the country ...etc.

Since this is a fact, I will grant you that Penn State has been closer to running the table than anyone else the past few years, which is what your post implied. :D

yeah isn't the dual season exciting

would love to see some rematches with it all on the line even though I think psu probably would have won the rematches the last three years

LMAO...We know who choked and now things will get more difficult!!!

P.S. The "Train" PSU :D :D :D

1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5.

rankings are pretty clear Minnesota is the best team and penn state is the best collection of individuals in a tournament

FUN FACTS:

Minnesota had dual losses in 2 of their 3 championship years.

PSU split with Minnesota 5-5 in their dual and had two bonus wins to the Gophers one.

Minnesota lost to Michigan this year.

The NCAA determines the team championship and that is awarded at the end of the NCAA tournament in March.

Sorry, but the biggest choke job is Iowa. Penn State is doing well. Getting top recruits and keeping them all happy and productive is a tough job. Sandersons are doing well with the group.

Next year will be a real test for them in losing the two biggest point producers.

Tbar-You have it correct. JRob took his team of top 100 recruits and beat your team of top 5 recruits. Prime example of coaching vs recruiting. Defend/excuse away sir.

LOL, what would any Penn State wrestling fan have to make an excuse for? For winning three straight Big10 and NCAA Championships? OK, you got me. :lol:

RETARD FIGHTS!!!!

That's right TBar. I just said that. Whaddya gonna do about it? Dig it up 3 years down the road and use it against me when I run for political office?

Chief Dog Catcher is an appointed position these days. If you play your cards wisely you might have a chance.

The NCAA determines the team championship and that is awarded at the end of the NCAA tournament in March.

That's right, and evaluating a team based on anything else is pointless. If championships were determined by dual meets coaches would likely build their teams differently and make different decisions. Philosophies and strategies are developed based on the objective. It's just like the strategies of presidential candidates would change if the election were determined on popular vote versus the electoral college.

This forum is getting extremely difficult to read these days.

90% of posts are either PSU fans allowing others to rile them up and acting high and mighty OR non-PSU fans doing everything in their power to take away from PSU's accomplishments. Both are equally annoying, and pretend they aren't doing what they are doing.

It got old a LONG time ago.

This forum is getting extremely difficult to read these days.

90% of posts are either PSU fans allowing others to rile them up and acting high and mighty OR non-PSU fans doing everything in their power to take away from PSU's accomplishments. Both are equally annoying, and pretend they aren't doing what they are doing.

It got old a LONG time ago.

It doesn't matter who is at the top someone is always going to take a shot at them or try to get people riled up. Its just the way humans act in my experience. Its the equivalent to little kids, when one kid has something another kid wants, the other kid acts ridiculous because they don't have it haha