Sign in to follow this  
cardsfsc

Lewboo's kryptonite

Love reading Lewboo's stories like everyone else. Seems to me after reading the Brands 100 pt. story that he was probably a lot of guys' "kryptonite in the room. Got me thinking about who might have kicked his tail or been his "kryptonite" in the room? I'm sure most of us had someone in the room that they had lots of trouble with. For two years I had an upperclassman that I just couldn't get the best of him in the room even though I had a lot more success in real competition. He was one weight class heavier and two years older but never came close to placing while I always did much better. I tried to choose him every day to wrestle just to try and beat his azz but can never remember getting the best of him. So...my questions are:

Lewboo, did you ever have a similar situation and who was it?

Did anyone else have a teammate that was their kryptonite?

Don't have much time right now, have to leave to go to South Dakota state tournament, but there is a link on me working out with Gable on the Hawkeye forums, I don't know how to put it on here, it is under Stories from the room , and Valholl posted it. I will talk about a few others that were my kryptonite tomorrow.

Lewboo's kryptonite

Moza Fay.

A few years ago lewboo tried to make a comeback and everyone went wild with proclamations that he was gonna "win it all", how he was gonna make the world team, how he was so much better even at his age than the current top NCAA wrestlers at that weight, and other such ridiculous exaggerations.

T-shirts were even made in full support of the great mid-life crisis comeback.

When I tried to calm people down with rational arguments as to why a gentleman of Mr. lewboo's age was way out of his league regardless of how great he was decades ago, I was met with nothing but bitter criticism and received dozens upon dozens of angry PMs.

Well tournament day came and Mr. lewboo won his first match against some guy few people had ever heard of and people went into a frenzy.

Again, I told people to calm down but was instead shouted down by an angry mob.

In the second match Mr. lewboo was almost teched by another wrestler few people had heard of, Mr. Moza Fay.

I was about to make the predictable "I told you so" post but before I could Mr. lewboo pulled one of the greatest anti-heroic feats in comeback history by defaulting/not showing up for his consolation round matches.

It was only then that I realized Mr. lewboo had in fact pulled one of the greatest trolling jobs in wrestling history. Even better than the infamous "Epic Trolling of 1984".