Sign in to follow this  
rorts184

Iowa Fans must be drooling....

Well, Telford is a junior. So he'd get a year to redshirt and be Telfords workout partner before jumping in to the lineup. Maybe he wanted to redshirt. At Minnesota I'm pretty sure he would have gone straight into the lineup.

Tough to project a guy who pins his way through high school though, especially at HWT. On one hand he's obviously really dominant. But on the other hand you never know how he's going to respond when he can't just out muscle everybody. Did he even spend a minute on bottom as a junior or senior?

Kroells and Stoll were hyped up to meet in the 2012 Class AA state tourney in Minnestoa but Stoll (sophmore) got beat early then came back to get 3rd. Kroells won it as a Senior that year.

Should be some great matches between those 2 for the next 3 years !

Stoll also has Heidt as his high school coach who is a Hawkeye, which I am sure didn't hurt.

It is hard to evaluate a HWT when he crushes everyone in front of him, but he did place 3rd in the world in Greco. I know that may not translates over as well, but if anything at least shows some skills and athletic ability above and beyond the typical heavy high school HWT who outclasses everyone in his state.

Stoll also has Heidt as his high school coach who is a Hawkeye, which I am sure didn't hurt.

It is hard to evaluate a HWT when he crushes everyone in front of him, but he did place 3rd in the world in Greco. I know that may not translates over as well, but if anything at least shows some skills and athletic ability above and beyond the typical heavy high school HWT who outclasses everyone in his state.

I'd say sticking Coon also counts as showing skills.