Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Nebraska Poised To Have A Nice Placing at Big Tens

The race for places 4-8 should be interesting between Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, and Illinois.

Nebraska is top-heavy with Sueflohn, Green, and Kokesh but could come up a little short at 133, 141, 197, HVY.

Wisconsin will score big with Graff and Jordan, but they too have a few holes. Where Taylor and Medbery finish in absolutely loaded classes may tell the tale.

Michigan has an interesting mix of grizzled veterans (Grajales and Yates) and 1st year starters (Youtsey, Murphy, Abounader, Coon) which makes them a little harder to predict. They may lack finalist potential, but they have nice balance to their team scoring.

Ohio State has their guaranteed points with Stieber, and several others capable of a deep run. 157, 165, and HVY may not score much. DiJuius, Courts, and Heflin are capable of good runs. Roberts and Paddock should contribute.

Illinois is the darkhorse here. They started the season with high expectations but have been absolutely riddled with injury. They have been in recuperation mode since National Duals and should hit the Big 10 mats as healthy as they have been all season. Delgado may be their only finalist potential. Are there enough points out there from Richards, Rodriguez, Ervin, Brunson, Morse, Dallago, Gonzalez to hang in this group?

i don't know how they finish higher than 4th.

and i don't know how they finish lower than 4th.

Based on the latest WrestlingReport rankings here are the projected point totals based on placement and advancement (no bonus points included).

PSU 134.5

Iowa 124

Minn 122

Neb 77

Mich 72.5

Wis 69.5

Ill 67

OSU 65.5

Pretty tightly bunched for 4th thru 7th. Nebraska could easily fall to 7th, although I don't think they will.

Huge gap between the top 3 and 4. After looking closely at Nebraska's lineup, don't think they can crack the top three even if they have 3 champs and some of their other guys place above seed.

Well maybe they have a slight chance if Minnesota folds like a cheap, dirty, hole-ridden, made in Somalia Tent. ;)

Nebraska will choke like they always do this time of year I'm afraid. Kokesh is the only real chance at a champion and he's in a loaded weight class so no guarantees. Green was a huge disappointment last year and I don't see that changing this year, I doubt he even makes the finals. Sueflohns great but I don't think he can beat Dardanes or Tsirtsis. The rest of the group will all lose in the first or second round.

Nebraska will choke like they always do this time of year I'm afraid. Kokesh is the only real chance at a champion and he's in a loaded weight class so no guarantees. Green was a huge disappointment last year and I don't see that changing this year, I doubt he even makes the finals. Sueflohns great but I don't think he can beat Dardanes or Tsirtsis. The rest of the group will all lose in the first or second round.

Yeah Jordan Burroughs what a choker. Kokesh getting 3rd last year beating 2 guys he never beat; choker

Yeah Jordan Burroughs what a choker. Kokesh getting 3rd last year beating 2 guys he never beat; choker

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit I see. I said Kokesh was the only guy with a chance to win a championship. And you use Burroughs as your argument that Nebraska doesn't choke as a team? Why not name another NCAA champ from Nebraska in the last 5 years to further your argument?

I got nebraska's place correct at 5

Would Nebraska have won big 12?

Final Big Ten standings: 1. PSU 140.5, 2. Iowa 135, 3. MIN. 118.5, 4. OSU 86.5, 5. NEB. 79, 6. ILL 78.5, 7. WIS 83, 8. MICH 71.5

I got nebraska's place correct at 5

Would Nebraska have won big 12?

Final Big Ten standings: 1. PSU 140.5, 2. Iowa 135, 3. MIN. 118.5, 4. OSU 86.5, 5. NEB. 79, 6. ILL 78.5, 7. WIS 83, 8. MICH 71.5

No.