Sign in to follow this  
papride

Marstellar

Nothing wrong with the thread starting post. Chance will be at Oklahoma State next year and I am sure their fans are interested in his accomplishments.

Chance hurt his back this year and has been getting regular treatments, but I would not bet against him. Unbeaten as a folk style wrestler in h.s. Soon to be undefeated 4 time PIAA says volumes. I say this as a fan of the school he de committed from.

Nothing wrong with the thread starting post. Chance will be at Oklahoma State next year and I am sure their fans are interested in his accomplishments.

Chance hurt his back this year and has been getting regular treatments, but I would not bet against him. Unbeaten as a folk style wrestler in h.s. Soon to be undefeated 4 time PIAA says volumes. I say this as a fan of the school he de committed from.

yada yada yada. How does his jock smell?

Is this a recruiting site? Looks like it, but since he's already committed, probably not. Anyway, obviously dominating stats, but I think one cool thing that says a lot about PA wrestling is that he has only received 3 forfeits in 4 years of wrestling (according to the site). In some states, He would have received that his first month of his freshman year...

At the Dapper Dan which is held in PA, what will be sad and somewhat "disgusting" is there will be a sizable crowd routing at the event and throughout the state against two PA 4 timers, only because of the two wrestlers they will meet and where they are going to wrestle in college.

yada yada yada. How does his jock smell?

It's interesting that A.) you're interested in how Marstellar's jock smells, and 2.) that you would automatically assume that someone posting on this forum would know the answer, assuming your question was not simply rhetoric. I'm beginning to think that you may secretly know the answer to your own question, which is perhaps the weirdest suspicion I can ever recall having :roll:

I thought this was a nice little site that gave some insight on Marstellar. I thought it was cool how the interviewed Peppleman about wrestling him twice last year. Speaking of Peppelmans there is a pretty nice article here: http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/news/article/3713830769945402841/a-decade-of-wrestling-excellence-peppelman-family-stories-full-coverage/#/0 that came out on Penn Live talking about the family. 668-88 between all of them in high school at this point. Pretty impressive!

I thought this was a nice little site that gave some insight on Marstellar. I thought it was cool how the interviewed Peppleman about wrestling him twice last year. Speaking of Peppelmans there is a pretty nice article here: http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/news/article/3713830769945402841/a-decade-of-wrestling-excellence-peppelman-family-stories-full-coverage/#/0 that came out on Penn Live talking about the family. 668-88 between all of them in high school at this point. Pretty impressive!

At the Dapper Dan which is held in PA, what will be sad and somewhat "disgusting" is there will be a sizable crowd routing at the event and throughout the state against two PA 4 timers, only because of the two wrestlers they will meet and where they are going to wrestle in college.

Paboom, I certainly hope not. I would hope that right now, those two are Pa boys representing our State against the rest of the country and they would be treated that way. I think your hardcore PSU fans might be that way, but there are plenty of other more reasonable fans(and alot of reasonable PSU fans)who hopefully treat them right.

I disagree. I am a huge PSU wrestling fan but will still cheer for them at the Dapper Dan. I would be less upset about them losing than other PA boys, but we want to see PA win. I love seeing the competition and respect both sides, but of course you want to see PA win. How many fantastic matches have been wrestled at the Dapper Dan where the winner ends up losing to the other guy in college. Or someone who is an amazing wrestler in high school not pan out in college. I don't think Chance has to worry about not performing in college, but my point is this match is an exhibition that really doesn't count for anything. Its just to show the kids how they stack up against the other bests in the nation and is a tribute to their fans. I am excited to see Bo wrestle him, but I will not be cheering against my home state. All wrestlers are warriors and deserve respect just for coming out each week. I hate the conflict that is inherent between fans of the opposition. Of course we all want our teams and favorite wrestlers to win, but why is there so much hate for each other.

At Dapper Dan I root for the State of Pennsylvania Wrestling each and every year, but I do not root against the visiting wrestlers as individual wrestlers. I can't bring myself to root against any young man making the sacrifices these kids make unless they go way out of their way to give me a reason to do so, and that just never happens at Dapper Dan.

In the Hwt and 170 matches I'll be only slightly conflicted. I can't root against any of the four kids competing in these matches, so I will just marvel at how good all four of them are. Look at the season Bo Nickal just finished. He pinned or teched almost everyone he faced. A couple of national kids kept it close. And he's the decided underdog to Chance. Amazing.

I suspect this will be the biggest most watched DD Classic ever, which is another example of how wrestling is alive and well, with a strong presence and future.

I think it's an example of how the internet, social media, and new streaming technologies are able to take a great sport, a great product if you will, and shine a spotlight on it. It shines bright, and new fans simply embrace it. As wrestling fans we've always known how great our sport is. With the new technologies in play, now others are able to experience its greatness too.

I've been to many DDs and I've never seen this hypothetical event you describe. And we've had plenty of talented PA kids go out of state.

Never happen. Pennsy wrestling fans know they are in for a treat. I predict enthusiastic, standing ovations for all involved. Not a chance that the PSU recruits and decommits get treated any differently. It's going to be tremendous!

Never happen. Pennsy wrestling fans know they are in for a treat. I predict enthusiastic, standing ovations for all involved. Not a chance that the PSU recruits and decommits get treated any differently. It's going to be tremendous!