Sign in to follow this  
OtisCampbell

Default 1st match of Tournament

How can you enter a guy and then forfeit the first match? Wouldn't you just have pulled him from the tournament? (See Matt Brown vs Bialka) Would have been nice for Evans to get the matchup against Bialka. Would be a 4 point swing.

dustin schlatter did this in his senior season it was just so he can get an at large bid to the tournament

cannot do that anymore.

I think they changed that rule back. At the very least, they had last year, when Nathan Pennesi did it.

Not sure why Kevin Bialka would do that though. He has as much of a shot at getting an at-large bid as I do.

All of the wrestlers in the Big 10 and 12 who are basically guaranteed a spot into the big dance, whether it be by automatic qualifying or a guaranteed at large bid, are fools to even wrestle in the conference tournaments. Why risk the injury, when you can just slide right into the big dance unphased?

All of the wrestlers in the Big 10 and 12 who are basically guaranteed a spot into the big dance, whether it be by automatic qualifying or a guaranteed at large bid, are fools to even wrestle in the conference tournaments. Why risk the injury, when you can just slide right into the big dance unphased?

DF, is that you?

DF, is that you?

Nope, it's your's truly, and the same argument I've made for years. Thankfully, some of these guys are finally starting to figure it out that there's an easier route to the big dance.

Schlatter was the pioneer.

Ah yes, now that we have a real academic clarifying the issue we can all go back to following the wrestling. A typical liberal, "if only everyone could see what I see" Thanks Ban! (more smilies)

Or, a more current view: 5/10 = 50%

:shock: :oops: