Sign in to follow this  
wrestler4lyfe

Howe lost.. Or did he?

Perry must be the first wrestler to never score a point and have gotten taken down twice, put to his back, then flat on his back getting pinned.... And still won?! Lol

I wasn't too surprised that the ref called two then reversed the call the first time when Smith got upset. But my mind was blown when they called a takedown and 2 backs, then reversed that! Then howe gets in again, and has Perry flat on both shoulder blades for a solid 4-5 seconds and no pin or backs?

I feel bad for Perry Most because you could tell in the post match he knew he didn't win that match. But that sucks for Howe because he wrestled aggressive and tough and the refs gave it away to the weaker man.

Perry wrestled the perfect match to give himself a chance to win, and should be given credit for that. Howe wrestled right into Perry's hands.

I was at the match, wearing crimson. The first takedown should never have been awarded. He never awarded an escape, almost, but didn't. I don't think that Perry had separated.

The second takedown was a little more controversial I guess. I can see how it would not be called a takedown, but if you award 2 TD, 2 NF, and then it takes 4 referees reviewing tape for 4 minutes to decide that it wasn't...Well, you should probably stick with your original call. I had no problem with the reversal of the call, but figure out a way to be a little more convincing.

Perry wrestled hard and the correct tactical match to win. O-0 at the end of one. A ride out in the second, and then holds on for the win as Howe makes the decision in the third to cut him and do it on his feet. Now IMO Perry got some help from that red flag and some questionable officiating, but he wins a tactical decision in a match where he clearly lost the fight. A slow start by Howe, an awesome rideou by Perry, and a couple of call reversals gets him the decision. Sometimes life isn't fair

Perry deserved to win that match. Not sure why Howe does not attack the whole first period. Even the announcer said Perry's best chance is to take this to the mat.. Great ride out! My dvd ran out with a minute left so not sure what happened in the last minute but Howe is so good on his feet but is so content to get one takedown against top competitors and that is it. Glad it happened today because it might not happen in two weeks.

I think Howe deserved to win that match. He got royaly screwed, but he also made this a close match when it didn't need to be. If Howe wrestles for 7 minutes, I don't think Perry can go with him, but when the match gets slowed down, anything can happen. And everything happened against Howe in the third. It is like he won by 5 but lost by one. It was crazy and will have people talking until then NCAA everybody will want to see this rematch