Sign in to follow this  
djd5391

Stallgado

It is funny that noone mentions Megaludis's INABILITY to finish ANY of his shots. Delgado is a COUNTER wrestler. That does not make him a staller. He does NOT avoid contact. He simply wants you to shoot on him. You may not like his style but your definition of stalling is skewed if you think his style is pure stalling. He doesn't avoid contact he just prefers the attacks, especially when he wrestles Megaludis, come from his opponent.

Wow the grapes get sour in happy valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go to PSU and wouldve love to see my friend Nico win a big10 championship. But you cannot honestly believe that Delgado deserved to win that match.

Wow the grapes get sour in happy valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course that is it. If a Gopher took 8 shots to another kids 1 and didn't even get warned for stalling, Minnesota fans wouldn't complain at all. :roll:

It is funny that noone mentions Megaludis's INABILITY to finish ANY of his shots. Delgado is a COUNTER wrestler. That does not make him a staller. He does NOT avoid contact. He simply wants you to shoot on him. You may not like his style but your definition of stalling is skewed if you think his style is pure stalling. He doesn't avoid contact he just prefers the attacks, especially when he wrestles Megaludis, come from his opponent.

Bingo! The only wise voice in the bunch.

While Nico couldnt finish a shot, Delgado didnt attempt one, whether it be a counter shot or not. He constantly wrestles with his heels on the edge and did absolutely nothing offensive wise that whole match.

I mentioned it on the other thread! Megaludis needs to work on finishing his takedowns.

I'm a 7 iron from the Atlantic Ocean, not anywhere near Happy Valley.

Delgado was in the four corners all day. That was as embarassing an outcome as our sport can muster.

We get what we deserve; not worth watching that kind of nonsense.

^^This^^

Nothing in the rule book states you must attack. Counter-wrestling != stalling.

I'm a 7 iron from the Atlantic Ocean, not anywhere near Happy Valley.

Delgado was in the four corners all day. That was as embarassing an outcome as our sport can muster.

We get what we deserve; not worth watching that kind of nonsense.

I think you're taking this too far. I don't find this outcome embarrassing at all. Why would it have been so much better if Megaludis won?

While I agree that Delgado's style of wrestling is bad for the sport and new rules should be created to limit this type of behavior, every team has guys like this.

PSU: English

Iowa: Burak

Burak moves forward and does not play the edge.

Nico does absolutely need to find ways to finish against Delgado, but, that is easier said than done. He is so strong and is a phenomenal scrambler. Honestly, I don't think Delgado warranted two calls, as he wasn't running or avoiding contact. However, I would have hit him for a warning for a lack of attempting any offense, while his opponent is constantly attacking. Delgado deserved the win, but, I would have liked to have seen a warning on Delgado.

Nico does absolutely need to find ways to finish against Delgado, but, that is easier said than done. He is so strong and is a phenomenal scrambler. Honestly, I don't think Delgado warranted two calls, as he wasn't running or avoiding contact. However, I would have hit him for a warning for a lack of attempting any offense, while his opponent is constantly attacking. Delgado deserved the win, but, I would have liked to have seen a warning on Delgado.

I didn't see Megaludis constantly attacking throughout the entire match.

I didn't see Megaludis constantly attacking throughout the entire match.

Did you have the TV on? 8+ shots to maybe one shot from delgado. Id call that constantly attacking

He took 8 shots to 1 from Delgado. He got in on several of them, but, Delgado is an absolutely phenomenal scrambler. Delgado won and deserved to win. No sour grapes here, but, Nico was constantly attacking on offense, he just wasn't finishing the attacks due to excellent wrestling by Delgado.

Looks like Retherford followed Delgado's example, did he take more than one takedown shot?

Trying to crawl of the mat when on the edge.

Retherford got beaten pretty handily by Logan. Steiber is phenomenal. I can't say I'm surprised. I fully expected Logan to come back and get the win. I like that Zain kept working and didn't give up.