Sign in to follow this  
djd5391

Stallgado

Nico does absolutely need to find ways to finish against Delgado, but, that is easier said than done. He is so strong and is a phenomenal scrambler. Honestly, I don't think Delgado warranted two calls, as he wasn't running or avoiding contact. However, I would have hit him for a warning for a lack of attempting any offense, while his opponent is constantly attacking. Delgado deserved the win, but, I would have liked to have seen a warning on Delgado.

I didn't see Megaludis constantly attacking throughout the entire match.

Did you have the TV on? 8+ shots to maybe one shot from delgado. Id call that constantly attacking

8 shots doesn't necessarily equal "constantly attacking". In this case, I don't think it does. Taking more shots doesn't have to mean "constantly attacking" it can simply mean taking more shots than your opponent.

I didn't see Megaludis constantly attacking throughout the entire match.

Did you have the TV on? 8+ shots to maybe one shot from delgado. Id call that constantly attacking

8 shots doesn't necessarily equal "constantly attacking". In this case, I don't think it does. Taking more shots doesn't have to mean "constantly attacking" it can simply mean taking more shots than your opponent.

Sorry, I'll just agree to disagree. On your feet, attempting offensive moves is the definition of attacking. Megaludis was constantly making offensive attempts, Delgado was reacting to those offensive attempts, albeit with fantastic strength and technique. Delgado won, he deserved to win. Time to move on.

Wow the grapes get sour in happy valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Its not Delgado's fault. If the rules allow it...

Refs allow it, not the rules.

Even with Jessie diving off and pulling the ankle to torque the knee, Megaludis and the Penn State coaches know that's his style.

They need to devlop a finish for it. They've wrestled enough times, it's not as if it's a surprise.

A lot of people, including myself, get onto Nelson, but IMO this match was worse. Delgado was obviously stalling throughout most of the match. Megaludis shoots, Delgado grabs a leg and waits until stalemate. Rinse and repeat. It's not counter wrestling if you are not looking to score. I don't blame Delgado though, as I have said before, I blame the refs who allow this to happen. They need to wake up.

Btw....I don't have a dog in this fight.

I didn't have a dog in the fight, I'm a Mizzou fan. Am I the only one who thought the match was exciting as hell! Had friends over and watching on BTN and laughing about how in the old days guys couldn't counter at all like these guys today! Kind of compared to our tech saviness vs kids!

just watched the match over again on BTN2GO delgado outshot megaludis 5-3 in the first....2nd he rode him out until a few seconds left and 3rd vice versa for nico...both were equally conservative in the ot periods....most rolls and scrambles were initiated by delgado when megaluid was on top and dropped to a single leg....i will never understand how constant motion and circling will be considered stalling...then i watch DSJ's match and I dont think (havent rewatched though could be wrong) he took an offensive shot until the 3rd period...but because he was just bulldozing forward and pushing green out of bounds that is considered offense? Help me understand please?

Not an IL, guy or a PSU guy, but Delgado is horrific to watch. He goes backwards off the whistle every time and then circles away and back to the edge. It has proven very effective for him, and yes Mega must find a way to finish a shot, but Delgado's running away is disgraceful. However, as long as he gets away with it, he can do it.

just watched the match over again on BTN2GO delgado outshot megaludis 5-3 in the first....2nd he rode him out until a few seconds left and 3rd vice versa for nico...both were equally conservative in the ot periods....most rolls and scrambles were initiated by delgado when megaluid was on top and dropped to a single leg....i will never understand how constant motion and circling will be considered stalling...then i watch DSJ's match and I dont think (havent rewatched though could be wrong) he took an offensive shot until the 3rd period...but because he was just bulldozing forward and pushing green out of bounds that is considered offense? Help me understand please?

You are 100% correct sir. I don't understand this logic either.

Delgado was clearly trying to score off all of those scrambles. Constant motion. I don't understand how this match wasn't exciting to people.

I don't think it was boring; I just think it was criminal that Delgado wasn't called for stalling either while constantly backing up or riding below the waist on top.

There was a lot of action in the match, and it was almost all initiated by Megaludis with Delgado doing a great job countering. If you never attack or initiate, you are stalling. Delgado was stalling. That doesn't mean that Megaludis should have won, just that Delgado should have been penalized multiple times in the match.

Lots of this in the finals today. Delgado, Ramos, Heflin, and Nelson all won matches where they did little to nothing on their feet. How many stalling calls combined did these four accrue? Less than 3? It's a disgrace that the officials let this happen.

I don't think it was boring; I just think it was criminal that Delgado wasn't called for stalling either while constantly backing up or riding below the waist on top.

There was a lot of action in the match, and it was almost all initiated by Megaludis with Delgado doing a great job countering. If you never attack or initiate, you are stalling. Delgado was stalling. That doesn't mean that Megaludis should have won, just that Delgado should have been penalized multiple times in the match.

Lots of this in the finals today. Delgado, Ramos, Heflin, and Nelson all won matches where they did little to nothing on their feet. How many stalling calls combined did these four accrue? Less than 3? It's a disgrace that the officials let this happen.

How do you know that Delgado wasn't setting up Megaludis to shoot? I didn't see stalling from Delgado in that match. At least not anything that I would have called.

Thought it was a great match between two evenly matched competitors. No question that they both gave a huge effort. I realize Mega initiated more offense. But I don't think we'd like our sport if guys were forced to take bad shots. Better to leave things alone.

Not an IL, guy or a PSU guy, but Delgado is horrific to watch. He goes backwards off the whistle every time and then circles away and back to the edge. It has proven very effective for him, and yes Mega must find a way to finish a shot, but Delgado's running away is disgraceful. However, as long as he gets away with it, he can do it.

He really, really is.

Rationalization of his style does not do him any justice. I don't remember it being this bad with him last year. He was always a "counter" wrestler, but never relied COMPLETELY on jumping backwards on the whistle to get his heels on the out of bounds line and just waiting for action to funk out of.

And I don't get people saying that Mega has to find a way to finish. How can you finish when your opponent is literally inches away from the OOB line? No matter how crisp your finishes are a scramble will always end with a ref stoppage.

It was the same thing with the Clark match. Initiated no offense on his own, not even counter shots per se that I recall. Just bouncing back right off the whistle so they are forced to wrestle on the edge of out of bounds. If that isn't stalling, I don't know what is.

How do you know that Delgado wasn't setting up Megaludis to shoot? I didn't see stalling from Delgado in that match. At least not anything that I would have called. 

Because he wasn't setting Mega up to shoot. If that was what he was doing, he would have been shooting the whole match.

Because he wasn't setting Mega up to shoot. If that was what he was doing, he would have been shooting the whole match.

No, I mean maybe Delgado was setting up Megaludis to shoot on him. Maybe he was baiting Megaludis into taking bad shots? Choosing his shots for him.

Does that official know what stalling is? He's the same official that screwed up the Grajales/Alton match.

That guy must have been busy. Another thread says it was him that made the worst call of the weekend out east. Regardless of which was actually him, they're pretty much all horrible anymore, so it doesn't matter much which one you get. I have to say #7 at the B1G tournament was the most consistently bad (or at least biased) I saw all weekend.

Wow the grapes get sour in happy valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go to PSU and wouldve love to see my friend Nico win a big10 championship. But you cannot honestly believe that Delgado deserved to win that match.

Let's see. NCAA Titles: Delgado One

Megaludis ZERO.