Sign in to follow this  
djd5391

Stallgado

Wow the grapes get sour in happy valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go to PSU and wouldve love to see my friend Nico win a big10 championship. But you cannot honestly believe that Delgado deserved to win that match.

Let's see. NCAA Titles: Delgado One

Megaludis ZERO.

And that pertains to this match, How?

8 shots doesn't necessarily equal "constantly attacking". In this case, I don't think it does. Taking more shots doesn't have to mean "constantly attacking" it can simply mean taking more shots than your opponent.

I got dumber.

Please help me with what this is supposed to mean.

A lot of people talking nuetral here........Not the biggest problem I have with the match.

As the Flying Tiger's of the world will tell you I am no PSU defender.

However,

The match was stopped twice for Delgado "being around the throat", once when Delgado was in pretty poor position. It definitely had an impact on the OT's 30/30's.

I can't get on Delgado for dropping to an ankle from top when Nico did the exact same thing except Nico really didn't try or couldn't move up. If Nico stayed with the drop to an ankle "attack" from top the match would've went to RT.

It isn't fun to watch that on the mat. I think they should call it like the OT's all of time.

Drop to an ankle off the whistle: you get about 5 sec to make it a breakdown/top move

Stalemate

Repeat ankle drop

Stalemate

Repeat ankle drop

Stall

Etc.

LN: Very good point about the top position choke by Delgado. If you're going to go around the opponents head and neck with legs in and those legs come out, you can only hold on with a choke. I thought the potentially dangerous call was unfair to Megaludis.

The difference in the match was the ride out where Stallgado kept grabbing Mega's ankle and picking it up without trying to improve. He did it 3x and the clock ran out. It was the exact same thing DSJ did to I Jordan.

Both of them killed off the 30 seconds easily despite never trying to improve and never even trying to hide what they were doing. That is stalling.

Delgado is better at top, Delgado is better on bottom, Delgado is better in neutral bc Megaludis CANNOT score on him. Megaludis

Got a gift last time they wrestled and bc nashon garret will prob be the 1 seed, mega will now add 3rd place to his two 2nds.

Cry all you want but Jesse has won all the big ones against mega

The problem with properly implementing stalling is removing ALL bias. There has to be CLEAR definitions that do NOT allow for any interpretation. Most on here see stalling through "rose colored glasses". The stalling they are yelling for happened to a wrestler they are a fan of or was done by one they are NOT a fan of. When their guy does it they don't see it the same way.

I am not a fan of certain types of stalling: Ankle rides without improving, sitting parallel on top of hips and putting your hands up like the bottom guy is stalling, and pushing bottom guy out of bounds whenever he stands up. However, I disagree with calling Delgado's neutral style stalling. He circles and does NOT go straight backwards. I do NOT like how everyone thinks wrestlers should be mandated to collar tie. If Megaludis did not continue to push forward to try to tie up they wouldn't have ended up on the edge so often. Delgado does not avoid action. How Heflin wrestled McIntosh was much more stalling then what Delgado did. Delgado encourages action and flurries. Heflin stayed back and was content to have no offense whatsoever. In the end McIntosh took a horrible shot because he knew Heflin was happy to go to the Ride outs. Even with that said I still wouldn't expect Heflin to be called for stalling. The only clear cut definitions for stalling in neutral is avoiding contact, going straight backwards and or fleeing the mat. Unless we add some CLEAR definitions to stalling everyone will continue to argue their OPINION on stalling.

In the end McIntosh took a horrible shot because he knew Heflin was happy to go to the Ride outs.

That really was a horrible shot. And I understand that he felt he had no choice, because he didn't, in fact. Still, I can't recall ever seeing him take such a bad, bad shot.

Delgado is better at top, Delgado is better on bottom, Delgado is better in neutral bc Megaludis CANNOT score on him. Megaludis

Got a gift last time they wrestled and bc nashon garret will prob be the 1 seed, mega will now add 3rd place to his two 2nds.

Delgado is better at neutral? Because the refs let him sit on the out of bounds line and do nothing but wait for the other guy to create offense? Watch him in any of his matches at B1G, his first move off the whistle is to jump backwards.

Delgado is great at funking, defense, situational awareness, movement, etc but he is not better in neutral.

Didn't see the match so I don't have anything to contribute to the stalling controversy this thread is about.

My question: looking at flo's highlight of the match, the clip begins with Megaludis on top in one of the o.t. periods. It looks to me that after the whistle, Mega snaps Delgado back after a sit-out and the two are lying on their backs for at least two SLOW counts, maybe three standard counts, and Mega is still in control during this...yet no swipes from the ref.

Am I missing something here? Seems to me that Megaludis initiated the snap and held it pretty well, during which Delgado head-hunts for a reversal. Personally I would have been swiping during all of this. I have a three-count until Megaludis realizes he is too high and allows the escape.

Didn't see the match so I don't have anything to contribute to the stalling controversy this thread is about.

My question: looking at flo's highlight of the match, the clip begins with Megaludis on top in one of the o.t. periods. It looks to me that after the whistle, Mega snaps Delgado back after a sit-out and the two are lying on their backs for at least two SLOW counts, maybe three standard counts, and Mega is still in control during this...yet no swipes from the ref.

Am I missing something here? Seems to me that Megaludis initiated the snap and held it pretty well, during which Delgado head-hunts for a reversal. Personally I would have been swiping during all of this. I have a three-count until Megaludis realizes he is too high and allows the escape.

I thought the same thing. Why no swipes. He looked like he had Delgado tilted there.

8 shots doesn't necessarily equal "constantly attacking". In this case, I don't think it does. Taking more shots doesn't have to mean "constantly attacking" it can simply mean taking more shots than your opponent.

I got dumber.

I thought that post was pretty straightforward. What don't you understand?

Delgado is better at neutral? Because the refs let him sit on the out of bounds line and do nothing but wait for the other guy to create offense? Watch him in any of his matches at B1G, his first move off the whistle is to jump backwards.

Delgado is great at funking, defense, situational awareness, movement, etc but he is not better in neutral.

The refs didn't call stalling on Delgado, and I agree with their non calls. If stalling were so clear, I'm guessing there would have been stall calls.

How is Megaludis better from neutral? Megaludis has very poor technique when it comes to finishing shots.

Was not in criteria for near fall.

If I remember correctly, there are 4 criteria for near fall:

1. One shoulder on the mat, back at less than 45 degree angle

2. Both pinning area within 4 inches of the mat

3. Supported on both elbows

4. Supported in a high bridge.

Someone correct me if I have not remembered NF criteria properly.

I thought the same thing. Why no swipes. He looked like he had Delgado tilted there.

Delgado was completely on top of Megaludis' chest. Back has to be exposed to the mat, can't be on his own chest like that. That's how I understand it.

I got dumber.

I thought that post was pretty straightforward. What don't you understand?

You really think taking shots isn't attacking??

Delgado was completely on top of Megaludis' chest. Back has to be exposed to the mat, can't be on his own chest like that. That's how I understand it.

Huh, ok. Good thing I wasn't reffing the match then.

The refs didn't call stalling on Delgado, and I agree with their non calls. If stalling were so clear, I'm guessing there would have been stall calls.

How is Megaludis better from neutral? Megaludis has very poor technique when it comes to finishing shots.

What the refs called is not relevant to what i'm talking about. We already know what they did or did not call. They weren't hitting Delgado for stalling, I think they were very wrong and you do not.

He is better from neutral because he has great technique in movement, setting up, and actually taking the risk to create offense and SHOOT.

Anyone can try to finish immediately but with Delgado being so fast and good at scrambling it makes it extraordinarily difficult to finish cleanly. Not saying it isn't possible but you combine that with constantly being right on the out of bounds line and it means that anytime an attempt at offense gets made Delgado can either do the funk to stalemate thing or if that fails to simply step out of bounds getting a fresh start.

If the refs forced the guys to wrestle in the center of the mat Megas finishes wouldn't look so terrible. They wouldn't all get through because Delgado has amazing hips/proprioception and can create offense from his defense when he wants to.

We need a push out point in folkstyle. This style is not exciting and actually disincentivises guys to be offensive.

You really think taking shots isn't attacking??

I don't believe taking shots necessarily means that you are "constantly attacking".

Taking a couple shots in a short amount of time in one period and nothing in the rest of the match doesn't mean you are constantly attacking even if your opponent does nothing at all.

But taking 8 shots to 1 or whatever it was spread out throughout the match does mean you are constantly attacking.

You don't have to take a shot every few seconds to be on the attack.