Sign in to follow this  
Holtfan

Steiber

I don't see Retherford getting rattled if he drops a match and has to fight in the consi. That is just not in Zains dna. I think no less than 5th but 3rd is a much higher likelyhood.

I think Port has just as good of a chance of losing as Zain.

Retherford has wrestled enough close ones that I can take what superold said as not 100% trolling, but he is so solid in all positions that I really don't see the BBQ line as a possibility. He is AA'ing, and probably very high.

I can definitely see him dropping one of those close ones to someone other than Stieber, though I wouldn't bet on it. Off the top, I remember thinking he could've lost to Joe Spisak and Edgar Bright, and even Dziewa had a legit shot until Zain got on top.

I will fully admit to thinking the same thing about Esposito when he was a true frosh, and look how that turned out, so I suppose anything can happen.

Wrestlingnerd, like all my posts, I was 100% serious. There was no trolling involved.

PSU fans do not need to worry about keeping track of the team scores, they already know PSU will win their 4th straight NCAA title. Don't worry, you Cornell fans can just use your ten fingers to keep track of your scores.

Yeah and no Iowa guys stall :lol: (Moore laying flat, Dwieza running, Evans and St. John riding the ankle). Gosh if it ain't "your" wrestler's team, it's always the other guy stalling. Give it a rest already.

Stieber is a stud and I doubt anyone can beat him again this year, and he is a class act who is easy to root for.

Zain is 4 years younger than Stieber and a TF who is having an amazing year, and so far this year what other 141 pounder has beat Stieber and wrestled him to a regular decision?

Zain will likely lose again to Steiber but he is so damn poised and good at the mental aspect of wrestling that I do not think him getting lower than 3 - 5 is likely at all. More likely to sneak another close win past Logan as he is not to place at NCAA's.

He may not be turning the top guys right now, but he is an absolute HAMMER on top! For a true freshman his ability to punish his opponents and keep them on bottom makes him special... The turns will come. His bars and tilts will continue to develop.

Does Stieber have a broken thumb? Someone posted elsewhere that he won BIG Tens with a broken thumb.

Yea he broke it a week earlier I heard. Check out Stiebers semis match with Dardanes at B1G, you can tell that he must have tweeked/hurt it after that 1st period series of near falls. After the first he completely shut down and was favoring that hand big time. I was really worried about how bad it was but he ended up getting the job done.